Die at your side

Azalea

"She won't stay mad at you forever ... you didn't stay mad at me forever," Draco said with his head laid in my lap as I softly ran my fingers through his hair.

I shrugged, "You should have heard her, she was fuming. She was so angry I'm pretty sure she would've killed me right then and there if she could have."

"She wouldn't have, she just needs time Lea."

I looked down at him and smiled, "you're too good to me."

"I'm just stating the obvious, truly I'm so selfish with you that sometimes I think you deserve better." He grabbed one of my hands and brought it up to his lips, placing a small kiss on the palm of my hand.

Draco was selfish with me. There was no denying it. But truthfully I kind of liked it. It felt kind of like I had tamed the beast. The one that everyone was scared of or bullied by. More like the beasts tamed each other if I'm honest. Though I was never as much of a bully as Draco was. I definitely have my own faults and I would admit that.

But I would never in a million years feel that I deserved better than the boy that was laying his head on my lap right now.

I never wanted to get up from this moment. I wanted to stay here forever. But we would be expected any moment now.

"... They'll be expecting us, Draco."

"5 more minutes."

I chuckled, "For someone who's supposed to be hard, you're incredibly soft sometimes."

He playfully sneered at me, "the only thing soft about me, is you."

"Don't make me lock your legs together again, Malfoy."

He picked himself off of my lap and stood to his feet, with his hands up in defense. "No need, love. I was just getting a move on it."

I laughed and stood up next to him, "ready?"

He nodded and grabbed a hold of my hand and I picked up my wand.

"Apparate."

In a few short minutes Draco and I stood in front of the Malfoy Manor. A place I hadn't been in quite a while. Not that I really missed it. If we were spending time together, Draco and I were normally at my house. He didn't really care to be around his father or Bellatrix.

I looked up at him, still holding onto his hand.

"Ready?"

"Are you?" He asked.

I shook my head, "no ... but it's not like we can refuse."

So we began to walk up to the house.

I still hadn't told Draco about visiting Harry and offering my help. Not that I didn't trust Draco. But I also knew how eager he was to please Lucius when he asked him to do something. And though I love him, I just can't risk it right now.

We finally made it up to the house and I allowed Draco to open the door and walk in first. I walked quickly behind him, still hand in hand as he led me to the dining room where the rest would be at.