Nightmares

Azalea

I tossed and turned in the twin bed I had been sleeping on for the week and a half I've been here. Sleeping has never come easily for me, I've always had issues falling asleep. It may be because I started having nightmares which is part of the reason why I left. They became so bad that I ended up waking up Sienna most nights.

I didn't always have bad dreams, they only started right before I left Hogwarts. They started out really bad and eventually got worse. Lately they haven't been as bad as they use to be, but they still aren't any good. I've tried things to get them to stop but nothing ever works. So naturally, I just don't get any sleep.

After a few minutes of not being able to sleep I decided I couldn't stand laying there anymore. I slipped my legs over the side of the bed and pulled on a pair of shoes. The clothes I sleep in consist of leggings and a dark green sweatshirt, which I didn't even realize when I put it on. I picked up my wand and carefully walk out the door.

"Lumos" I whispered, flicking my wand a bit as I began to walk down the hall. I quietly walked, making sure there were no Professors around to catch me. I don't exactly want a detention on my second week of school. I walked until I reached the enter an entrance hall and came upon a door. "Pure-blood" I whispered, causing the door to open slightly. I figured if there was anywhere I could go to get things off my mind, it was here.

I opened the door more and walked inside, closing It softly behind me. I quietly walked won the stairs to the dungeon. When I got down there, there was one candle lit and someone sitting soundlessly behind it, looking down at a paper and writing.

I flicked my wand a bit to get rid of the light and walked up to in front of the candle. The person didn't notice me standing there so I decided to make myself known.

"Oliver" I whispered loudly.

He jumped at the sudden noise and looked up at me suddenly.

"Azalea, what are you doing up?" He said, squinting to be able to see me.

I walked over to the lamp on the table next to him and turned it on. "Why didn't you just turn on the lamp?" I questioned, ignoring his previous question.

He shrugged "I like working by candle light" he raised an eyebrow "and it makes this place smell better" he chuckled.

I smiled and laughed a bit at his remark," I guess you're right. What are you doing down here?" I asked, moving over to one of the couches and sitting down.

"I asked you first," he turned toward me on the chair he was sitting in after setting the feather pen he was using back into the ink.

"Couldn't sleep" I admitted.

"Nightmares again?"

I winced and nodded "yeah," I didn't really feel like dwelling on that topic so I continued on talking about him "why are you down here?"

He shrugged again "couldn't sleep either, figured I could write a little, normally helps me fall asleep." He answered. He reached down and closed the notebook open on the desk in front of him "so, you're still having nightmares?"

I looked down at my hands, fiddling with them and picking at my nails a bit to make it seem like I didn't hear it. My nightmares aren't a subject I like talking about. Although Oliver's one of the people who knows, and only three people know. Which is kind of a lot but Sienna knew when I was talking in my sleep and then she ended up telling Oliver. But only one person knows what they're actually about.