Necklaces & Rings

Azalea

"You're leaving?"

"I'm sorry dear, but we have some business to tend to. You know we can't miss this." My mother looked at me with what was almost sympathy.

I sighed and nodded "yeah, okay I'll just celebrate my birthday by myself."

My father patted my shoulder a bit "we'll be back by tonight." And with that they walked out the door of my house and left.

Today was my birthday, the day I finally turn seventeen. I've never really cared for birthdays, it's just another year of life. I guess I could celebrate the fact that I didn't die in the seventeen years I've been alive, I think that's pretty impressive. But having my parents leave today out of all days was unpleasant really.

Winky had left with my parents so I was home alone for today. I walked through the halls and into the kitchen, I decided I should do something today. I began pulling out ingredients from the pantry and fridge. I pulled out measuring cups, and a Of couple bowls.

I turned around and grabbed a spoon and when I did I saw someone standing in the doorway of the kitchen. I jumped, dropping the  spoon in my hand and holding another hand over my heart.

"Bloody hell!" I gasped "you scared me to death."

He chuckled "Killing You was never apart of the plan."

"What are you doing here, Draco?" I asked, bending down to pick up the spoon I had just dropped and placing it back on the counter.

He raised an eyebrow "it's your birthday isn't it?"

"Yes ...?"

"Well then you just answered your own question. Are you making a cake?"

I nodded "well, I was gonna try to anyways. You know without magic and all."

He walked into the kitchen and next to me "great, I've never made one before but I'm sure it's not too hard." He shrugged.

I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow "are you saying you're gonna help me make this? Cause I don't know if you can handle that."

"You don't think I can handle making a cake?" He asked, almost offended "alright, challenge accepted.

I chuckled "If you insist," I began "we need three cups of flour."

"Three?"

"Yes Draco, Three."

"Just making sure I heard you right."

I rolled my eyes playfully and watched as he measured out three cups of flour. In the process he managed to get it all over the counter. I measure out the salt and baking powder as he did the flour.

"And 3/4 teaspoon baking soda."

"Where the 3/4 teaspoon?" He asked, looking around the counter for it.

I laughed at his little knowledge of baking. I picked up the 1/4 teaspoon and handed it to him "you just need to do three of these."