Home school

Azalea

"Bloody hell" I hissed to no one but myself. I had been in transfigurations class for about 30 minutes now. We were practicing a bird conjuring spell and so far I've gotten no where with it and for some reason it's making me very frustrated. And there is no way I'm asking Professor McGonagall for help. I don't know why I can't achieve such a simple charm, but it's just not working for me.

I waved my wand in all the right gestures once more and said "Avis" but still got no where with it. I stopped and took a deep breath in and let it out before I got too frustrated with it. A silly charm like this should be easy for me.

I was on my fifth try of getting no where when two hands carefully grabbed me by the hips, startling me and causing me to back up into them. I was about to turn around but the person only held me in place, chuckling deeply.

"Calm down" he spoke "it's only me"

I instantly knew by his voice that it was Draco. I was gonna tell him to get off of me, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. My breath only hitched slightly but lucky for me I don't think he noticed.

He pulled one of his hands off of my hip and brought it up to my hand. He placed his over in and moved my hand into certain gestures.

"Like this" he said "go ahead, say it."

I hesitated for a moment but spoke up anyways "Avis" I said as he helped me with the hand motions. And almost just like that I was able to conjure birds. All those tries and the one time I was able to do it was when Draco helped me.

"Oh, thank you" I sighed. I turned my head a bit to look at him and he only look back at me for a spilt second before the Professor spoke up.

"Ms. Culter, Mr. Malfoy we are here to be working , not to be flirting" Professor McGonagall almost scoffed.

He gave my hip a slight squeeze before making his way back to his own table. I let out a small breath and paid attention to the birds in front of me. Professor McGonagall came back and stood behind me for a second.

"God job Ms. Culter" she complimented before walking back off.

A small smirk took over my lips and I went back to practicing.

*flashback*

"Up" I practically yelled at the broom laying in the grass next to me. I was on my second day at Hogwarts and I could not get my broom to cooperate.

I heard snickering from beside me, but didn't pay any mind to it. I knew whoever was doing it was only trying to get under my skin.

I looked to the boy on my left who had already got his broom in his hand, but not before making fun of a couple people who couldn't. I merely rolled my eyes at the blonde boy, silently hoping he wouldn't do the same to me. Instead of making fun of me however, he walked over to the right side of me and turned to me.

"You have to be authoritative" he pointed out. I though I had been authoritative enough with it but apparently not. "Take a deep breath and then do it."

I did as he said, taking a deep breath before saying it again "up" I commanded and this time the broom leapt up into my hand. A small smiled crept onto my face until I remembered who had helped me.

I looked up at the boy "why did you help me?" I asked.

He shrugged "My father knows your father, he really likes your family." He responded, walking back to his own broom.

"Oh" I deadpanned "thank you"

*flashback over*

After all the classes had ended that day, I decided to go on a walk around the castle and soon enough ended up on the quidditch field. When I looked around the field I oddly found Ginny sitting against one of the stands. I smiled at the sight of the girl and walked over to where she sat, sitting down next to her.

"Hey Ginny"

She looked up and smiled "Hey Azalea" she said softly.

"What are you doing?" I wondered.

"Working on some charms" she answered "this year is suppose to be tough so I'm gonna try to study as much as possible."

"Good idea" I complimented "fifth year isn't that hard though, don't let Ron scare you" I laughed a bit "I may not have been here for it, but I still went through it."

She laughed a bit and nodded, continuing on with her work. It was silent for a few minutes but she soon looked back up at me and stroke up another conversation "hey Azalea"

"Hm?"

"What was it like being ... well, home schooled" she asked, closing up her notebook and setting it down on the ground.

I licked my lips lightly and scrunched up my nose "it was ... interesting" I answered truthfully "my parents are very strict, they're always bitching about something I'm not doing right or something I should be doing."

I picked at the grass under me a bit before continuing to talk "my Father, he wants me to continue in his footsteps, but I really don't want to. I'm just not made for what he does, I wish he wasn't involved in what he does." Talking about what my father does is a little bit of a tough subject. I don't approve of my father being a Death Eater. As a matter of fact I don't approve of anyone being a Death Eater, it's a poor excuse for a 'job'. I've meet Voldemort maybe once or twice and I don't particularly like the thing, though I don't think anyone does.

I cleared my throat and began talking again "My mother, she's not as bad as my father is. She actually almost agrees with me, but the woman is so in love she doesn't see everything that's wrong with it ... anyways home school wasn't hard work wise, just hard having a parent over your shoulder 24/7." I answered her question.

She nodded understandingly, she moved from the spot she sat at and turned to sit towards me. "Have you ever met my parents"

I smiled at her unintentional ignorance "no I don't think so, though I don't think they would approve of you talking to me" I shook my head.

"I know most people are scared of you" she stated "but I don't know why, you're not your parents. You're a lot better than them. I mean you definitely are cunning and definitely demanding at Times and sometimes rude, but you are not a bad person. Not like ... Malfoy, which is why I never understood your thing for him." She said truthfully.

"Honestly Ginny, I never understood it either"

She fiddled with her hands in her lap a bit and slightly nodded as if she understood but knew some part of that was missing.

Hi! I know this chapter is kinda short but they will be longer than this normally. I promise :)

But this chapter is kinda setting up Ginny and Azalea's relationship. I'm really excited for their relationship. Cause the two are almost complete opposites.

<3