Chapter 8

Late at night, Sukuna got up to grab a glass of water. On his way out of his room, he noticed (Y/n)'s room still had the light on. Confused as to why his twin was up so late, he treaded quietly to (Y/n)'s room. Sukuna leans against the door, listening in because it is one in the morning. (Y/n) should be sleeping by now. Opening the room, he found (Y/n) fast asleep on his table, crumpling the book below him.

Sukuna frowns slightly and walks in to help his brother. The elder twin helps (Y/n) up from his chair and guides him back to bed. (Y/n) mumbles under his breath as Sukuna carefully places (Y/n) on the bed. "Mm... Puppies..." (Y/n) mumbled with a sleepy smile. Sukuna chuckles silently while shaking his head. As he lets (Y/n) get nice and comfortable he looks at the desk that's covered with his twin's assignments. Books and paper are everywhere, and a calculator is upside down on the floor.

'I shouldn't pry, he's doing fine he's not asking me for help,' Sukuna thought as he got ready to leave. But the moment he passed the desk he grabbed the papers and examined them. Every single answer is wrong! "What the hell?" Sukuna mutters in disbelief. How was (Y/n) spending so much time studying just to get them wrong?

But more questionable, why didn't he come to Sukuna for help? "Mm... Gh! I fell asleep!" (Y/n) exclaimed as he jolted up in a panic. Sukuna places the papers down and walks to his twin. "You better keep your ass in bed, night is for sleeping," Sukuna said, frowning. "Not for late-night studying."

"Huh? Sukuna what are you doing in my room? Also... I haven't been up... Long" (Y/n) lied poorly with a large smile. Sukuna doesn't believe him, raising his brow. "I just happened to walk by and saw you were sleeping at your desk," he told (Y/n). "The desk is... comfortable?" (Y/n) reasoned in a high-pitched tone.

"You'll cause yourself a backache if you sleep at your desk," Sukuna points out. "The best kind," (Y/n) said with a shaky fist bump to the air. "So... Uh... How much did I get wrong?" He asked nervously as he noticed his assignment in his brother's hand. Sukuna opens his mouth, kind of stuck. He doesn't want to crush his twin's hopes and dreams. "Eh...they're all wrong (Y/n)," he told him in a soft tone.

Instantly, (Y/n) wilted at the information, he had hoped he had gotten some right. Perhaps Mahito is right, he is too reliant on Sukuna to be useful. "Uhm... I guess I have to start over, huh?" (Y/n) mumbled as he reached for the assignment. "You will tomorrow," Sukuna said, holding the assignment back. "Your brain is tired, once you sleep you'll get a better understanding of the homework."

"But... It's due the first class, I'll never get it done in time!" (Y/n) argued as he shuffled out of bed. "At least get two hours of sleep before you dive into it!" Sukuna argues back. "You won't put out good work if your brain is half asleep." (Y/n) pouted, looking like a kicked puppy. Sukuna is unmoved by this look. "Get your ass back into bed," Sukuna orders, pointing at (Y/n)'s bed.

"But–" (Y/n) tried to reason, but Sukuna cut him off. "No buts, bed. Now" Sukuna demanded harshly. (Y/n) sulkily shuffles back to his bed and into the covers, perhaps if he pretends to sleep he can get back up when Sukuna leaves. But he was proven wrong with that idea as Sukuna sat at his desk and crossed his arms against his chest. "I know you're going to try to stay up brat, you're going to bed," Sukuna said, narrowing his eyes.

(Y/n) groaned loudly as he turned around to glare at his brother. "I can outlast you," (Y/n) proclaimed, determined. "We'll see about that, you want some water I'm quite thirsty," Sukuna said, standing. "Yeah I'll take a glass," (Y/n) mutters, letting out a yawn. Sukuna nods and before he leaves, gathers all of (Y/n)'s homework and walks out with them.

"Wha- Hey! Sukuna!" (Y/n) called as he quickly jumped out of bed to run after him. Sukuna runs back to his bedroom and slams the door shut, locking it. "Sukuna! Open the door! I need my assignments!" (Y/n) exclaimed as he pounded on the door. "Your assignments will be here tomorrow morning, go to bed!" Sukuna yells back.