Chapter 12

The sound of screaming and begging sounded from the screen. (Y/n) had picked out the movie, but the scary grin on Sukuna's face was making him regret it. Today was supposed to be about him. But, honestly, he just feels like staying at home and sleeping the day away. He fears that once he finds his phone, he'll be bombarded with more harassment.

"Please!! Mercy!! AHHH!!" The actor screamed as the sound of gore reached (Y/n)'s ears. The movie wasn't the reason (Y/n) flinched, it was Sukuna's laugh at the result of the actor's plight. "Pathetic weakling shouldn't have tripped over air," Sukuna said, smirking. "It's not entirely their fault," (Y/n) mumbled trying to give the actor the benefit of the doubt.

Well... As long as Sukuna is enjoying himself, that's all that matters, right? (Y/n) unconsciously played with the popcorn instead of eating the food. Sukuna leaned into his hand, he would occasionally watch his twin to see how he was holding up. "Oi, we may be rich but that popcorn is too expensive to play with," Sukuna points out.

"Ah! Right!" (Y/n) said, startled slightly as he stopped playing with his food. "Sorry..." He mumbled as he slowly ate some of the popcorn. Usually, he gobbles the whole bowl, but today he just doesn't feel that hungry. "Do you want any, brother?" (Y/n) asked as he held out the popcorn box. Sukuna reaches for the box and grabs a fistful of popcorn before shoving it in his mouth. Murder usually makes him hungry.

Looking back at the screen the murderer steps over the victim and converses with his buddies. But, unknown to the murderers, their victim wasn't quite dead yet. The victim slowly tries to crawl towards a weapon, hoping to take down their murderers with them. "Stop moving dumbass!" Sukuna calls out as he throws popcorn at the screen. "SHH!" Some of the other audience members hushed him.

"Sukuna, he can't hear you," (Y/n) reminded in a hushed tone. Sukuna shrugs and wraps his arm around his twin and ruffles his hair. "Yeah, yeah, bet you and I could take those murderers down," Sukuna said, chuckling. "I prefer not to fight anyone, if necessary," (Y/n) murmured as he munched on some popcorn. "Oh, so you're saying if I was being murdered you wouldn't fight for my life?" Sukuna asked in fake hurt. "I'm wounded (Y/n)."

"That's not what I meant!" (Y/n) exclaimed, earning a loud "SHH!" from the audience. "Sorry," (Y/n) meekly apologized. Sukuna weakly tosses some popcorn at (Y/n). "Just kidding, if I was being murdered and had my head on a stick I would want you to run," Sukuna reassured his twin. "W-What? Why would you say something like that?" (Y/n) asked with a look of concern and grief.

The thought of losing Sukuna to something like that... He just didn't want to think about it. "Hm? Why not?" Sukuna asked, shrugging his shoulders. "You matter to me (Y/n), you're my twin. If I lost you I wouldn't know what to do without you. You've given me the drive to be a better person, to be better."

(Y/n) opened his mouth and said something, but Sukuna couldn't hear it over the sound of a scream from the movie. Looks like the victim managed to lodge a weapon into the murderer's leg. "(Y/n), what did you say?" Sukuna asked a bit louder over the murderer's scream from being stabbed.

(Y/n) tilted his head in confusion, not able to hear a thing. "Stay down you piece of shit!" The murderer exclaimed as he grabbed his own weapon and started bashing in the victim's skull. Gasps echoed from the audience as blood splattered the screen. Sukuna regrets the loud movie, but whatever, he'll ask his twin about it later. Sukuna leans back into his chair and focuses on the movie.

When the movie ended, Sukuna noticed the popcorn was hardly touched. (Y/n) noticed this as well and frowned. "I'm sorry... I can pay you back," (Y/n) offered, feeling bad that his brother used up money on food he didn't even finish. "Don't worry about it," Sukuna shrugs as he grabs the popcorn tin. "I might eat this later anyways, you know I like movie theater popcorn."