Chapter 13

(Y/n) nervously stood in front of Sukuna's door, debating on whether he should knock or not. It had been a few weeks since Mahito stopped harassing him. He's still gaining back his confidence, but at least he's no longer bound to his room like a scared child. "I can do this, he won't be mad that I'm waking him up," (Y/n) muttered to himself, trying to encourage himself to bother his brother.

With a deep breath, he raised his fist to knock, only for the door to swing open. Sukuna grumbles under his breath as he stumbles out of his room. "Morning (Y/n)," Sukuna growled, sounding dead and angry already. "Uhm... Morning," (Y/n) squeaked, his question immediately forgotten. "Did I wake you?" (Y/n) asked worriedly, now feeling bad for even attempting anything.

"No, fucking Satoru did," Sukuna grumbles as he makes his way to the kitchen. "Satoru? What did he want?" (Y/n) asked curiously as he followed after his brother. "He decided to call over and over again," Sukuna starts as he grabs a box of cereal. "I ignored him as much as I could but you know how he is, he never stops until he gets his way. So when I finally answer the damn phone he yapped about going to the beach."

"Oh..." (Y/n) mumbled as he suddenly looked down at his hands. It was obvious there was something on his mind. Sukuna peers at him. "Alright, ask your question," Sukuna said, turning to (Y/n). "Well... Canwegotothebeachplease?" (Y/n) asked really quickly, too fast for Sukuna to understand what he said. "Slower," Sukuna told him with crossed arms.

(Y/n) played with his fingers as he blushed out of shame. "Satoru called me too and I thought..." (Y/n) mumbled getting quieter, his eyes rounding out, ready to plead to his brother. "You want to go to the beach with him?" Sukuna asked, narrowing his eyes. "I know it's a bad idea... But Haruhi also texted me about the beach... And I thought... You know... We could meet up with her?" (Y/n) meekly asked, already feeling his confidence drain.

"Let me ask you this," Sukuna said as he took slow steps to (Y/n). "Will her little group be there too?" His question doesn't even sound like one, it's like he knows the club will be following her. "No..." (Y/n) drawled out as he looked away, a habit he does whenever he lies. "Besides, Satoru will be there," he said as if that made things better. Sukuna inhaled deeply and pinched the bridge of his nose. (Y/n) was right, Satoru would be there and he would never let the club stress him and his twin out too much.

"...Fine," Sukuna relents. "I know you hate the club and– Wait, you said yes?" (Y/n) asked with a look of disbelief. He had prepared a speech and everything! "Yeah, why not?" Sukuna said, shrugging his shoulders. "At least you'll have two of us looking out for you."

"I don't need looking after, I can handle myself," (Y/n) said with a puffed chest to show how buff he was. Normally Sukuna would tease (Y/n), but with how low his mental health was for weeks, Sukuna refrains himself and just turns to his bowl of cereal. "What are you going to do at the beach anyway?" He asked then ate some cereal. "Uhm... Collect sea shells? Build sand castles? Snorkle?" (Y/n) listed off a bit unsure if he would actually do those things.

His stomach growls at him, quickly prompting him to grab a bowl of cereal for himself. "I'll text Satoru and Haruhi that we'll join them after we're done getting ready," he said as he sat at the dining table. "Alright, seems safe enough, but you know what to do if a shark attacks you. Punch them in the eye or poke it out," Sukuna said as he started making some coffee. "Right, right, and if it's Taaki, give him the shark treatment," (Y/n) said with a roll of his eyes.

~~~

"Okinawa! Okinawa! Okinawa!" Satoru and (Y/n) chanted, much to Sukuna's annoyance, as the driver made their way to the destination. Sukuna really wishes he could stuff a sock in them to shut them up. "Are you idiots going to do this for the whole ride?" Sukuna asked them. "Sorry, are we bothering you?" (Y/n) asked worriedly, immediately stopping.