Escape

"Which way did he go?" The growling voice asked.

Ears flattened to his head the pink haired man scrunched deeper into the darkness. His golden eyes danced around trying to find a way out. Somewhere that wasn't here, near them. A light flashed off in the distance. His eyes landed on it. Drinking it in he memorized the location. If he could...

"This way you mindless idiot!" A voice roared in perfect imputation of the one who had spoken before.

The tall thin shape before him bristled. It's head shifted to glance around. Please! The man begged. Then another thought occurred to him. He closed his eyes.

Steeling his nerves he took a deep breath. His heart slowed slightly. In his mind he created a perfect replica of himself. He sent it dashing through the tress on the far side of the woods he was in. Making sure the tall thin man saw him, he darted further a way.

"There master!" the man cried pointing.

The first man that spoke came dashing back to his servant's side. His red eyes glowed in the darkness. The wild blue mane of hair fluttered in the wind. He laughed. Stupid. Thought the pink haired man hiding behind them. He watched as they chased after his illusion. It should get them far enough away.

Once he didn't hear their footfalls any longer, the pink haired man slipped from the shadow. Quietly he made his way toward the flickering light. Stepping out of the woods, he noticed that the light was in the business district. Looking around the man didn't see his pursuers. He took a moment to fix his clothing. Slipping a hand through his hair, he tightened his ponytail.

With one final deep breath, he stepped into the line of civilization. The streets weren't super busy this time of night. There was a bar not far away where he could hear loud music being played. As he strolled down the sidewalk, looking this way and that, he heard a muffled foot fall.

Pausing to look into a darkened store window, he saw the man from before. The tall thin one was looking the other way, yet those glaring red eyes fixed to the pink haired man. He barely managed to stifle a yelp at seeing them. Without looking to see if any one was around, the man began to run.

He all but tripped over a red haired kid on a skateboard. He called out a sorry, as he got his feet back under him swiftly. Good thing he had quick reflexes. Making sure the kid was alight he dashed away. Sure enough, the two men charged after him. The tall thin one was on the opposite side of the street. This prevented him from running that way. He gulped at the night air. It filled his lungs making them ache as he ran on.

He sprinted between two buildings looking behind him. Why was his luck failing him tonight? He felt like screaming as he saw the wild blue haired man turn down the same alley. The man laughed slowing his manic pace.

"Looks like you chose a wrong turn, little fox." The evil laugh bounced around the buildings.

The pink haired man looked back. Sure enough, his way was blocked. A tall maybe ten or twelve foot high fence stood between him and what he hoped was freedom. He began to slow as well.

As he did, a scent wafted to him on the wind. The smell alone had him salivating. When was the last time he had a decent meal? As the thought filled his mind he knew he couldn't recall the time.

"I'm too close to you, there is no way your tricks will deceive me." The man called after him.

A cold wind blew down the alley. The pink haired man didn't have to look back. He knew that the man's accomplice had returned to his side. He was utterly trapped. Or so they thought. The grin splayed over his lips. He was something out of the ordinary any way.