Chose to defend

Kojiro strolled beside the Kitsune. The soft long fingered hand rested on his arm. From time to time he glanced down at it, each time he fought the smile that spread over his face. His other hand held the umbrella. The sun was hot, too bright or in some other way annoying to the Pink Princess beside him. Either way, the Kitsune won the argument over taking the umbrella along with them.

Currently, they were walking along an outdoor flea market. Kaoru had chuckled at the name, until he found actual fleas for sale, well ants, but he didn't care! He exclaimed that they had everything here. Kojiro just laughed as he glided along at his side.

Somewhere around the food are, the panda rushed up to them. The Yeti was lumbering by his side sipping an icee. He held three in his hands. Already his lips were blue, teeth red and tongue an odd green from the drinks. Reki cried a happy greeting. Langa turned to look at some glistening wind chimes that had prisms that caught the light under it. Kaoru went to check these out as well.

"Hey, help me keep an eye on him. I'm thinking we may need to fight to free him from the demon." Kojiro informed the wide eyed red head.

"No problem. I'll tell Miya he is close by." Reki pulled his phone out as he joined his boyfriend at the stand.

There, three tables down, Kojiro saw some other friends. He walked dup to them. The bright orange hair of Hiromi stuck out among the duller colors around. Oka sat at the counter talking to a young boy who seemed to he getting interested in the sport of skateboarding. Kojiro waited.

The boy walked off happy with his purchases. Kojiro moved to the man behind the counter.

"So, that's him." Oka nodded to where Reki and Langa were fighting over who should hold the handle of the umbrella. Kaoru smacked them both over the head with it, taking it back so he carried it.

"Yep. Look, I need...." Oka held his hand up.

"You don't need to ask. We will be at the diner after hours tonight. Make sure you whip up something to eat!" The lanky man smirked.

"Sure thing." Kojiro waved to them. He then went back to Kaoru.

"Where were you?" Kaoru demanded without looking up at him.

Kojiro slipped an arm around his waist as he took the umbrella back. He then had a bunch of bags thrust onto him. With a chuckle he took them all.

"You're lucky you're so cute!" He chided.

"I was talking with a friend, about earlier." He hinted.

"Oh, sex?" Kaoru purred.

"What no! The other thing!" Kojiro cried.

Kaoru giggled, hiding his face behind a decorative fan. Kojiro caught his hand. He looked at the painted fan. It was beautifully done. There were blowing cherry blossoms around it. In the distance was a mountain, at the top sat a shrine.

"Where did you get this?" He asked.

Without speaking, Kaoru pointed to where there were more decorated fans on display at the stall before them. Kojiro stepped up to address the woman behind the table. He paid for that fan. Kaoru looked shyly up at him.

"You didn't have to..." He whispered.

"Count it as part of the money I was going to pay you for making my sign." Kojiro held his arm out as he turned.

Kaoru smiled softly, hiding it behind the fan, as he took the offered arm. They walked around the market. From time to time various eyes seemed to peer out at them. Kojiro simply nodded and small heads would duck away. The Kitsune didn't appeared to notice any of this. They walked on.