Signs

Kojiro couldn't believe the talent the Kitsune had been hiding. When Reki came inside to ask for the company credit card for 'a shopping trip with the fox' Kojiro hadn't thought twice about handing it over. He was sure it had something to do with the menu.

As time went by and Kaoru didn't come in for his snack, then not for lunch, Kojiro, at first wasn't worried. He assumed Reki had bought the Kitsune food. Then the red haired teen reappeared saying the Kitsune was working. Kojiro got lost in teaching the student chefs for a time, but as the lunch crowd down, he, again worried about the Kitsune.

He made a quick lunch for them before heading out to find him. Kaoru was hard at work bent over a drift wood board. Kojiro had easily snuck up on him. This worried him more. What if the demons were out here? He was glad he left the Yeti looking after the fox.

Then his eyes took in the sign. It was amazing! Kojiro managed to get Kaoru to take a break to eat. But now he was back at working on the sign. Kojiro was in his kitchen. The student chefs were actually doing pretty well. Kojiro didn't have to be right on top of them. His wondered just what he could do for the Kitsune.

He called a friend. Maybe Oka would know of someone who would enjoy his art as much as Kojiro did. When the Fu dog explained about the sign, Oka suggested he create signs. There were thousands of uses for signs. Restaurants, business, build boards, even those gender reveal things! He had laughed about that one.

Signs. Why not! Kojiro called up a few other business friends he knew. Each had been working in their field as long as he had. Many had discussed revamping their signs or places of business. He totted out Kaoru's name. Shouting out the Kitsune's amazing talent. He got a few appointments for the gorgeous pink haired fox.

Kojiro went back to his kitchen, to find a blazing fire rising up from the stove. He roared, rushing forward he slammed a lid over the pot. Pulling it from the stove, he took it outside. He managed to get it to a safe place in the parking lot. As he dumped it out, the flames licked toward the sky. Suddenly the fox was before him.

Before Kojiro could do anything to draw the Kitsune away, he held his hand out. The flames seemed to leap to him. Kojiro cried out in fear that the man was going to get burned. He jumped across the pile of ash to yank him away from the flames. Kaoru landed on Kojiro's chest as the chef twisted to not hurt the delicate being. Once on the ground Kojiro sat up.

He inspected the other man's clothing. His hands patting at the fabric as he looked frantically for the fire or any burns. The Kitsune was laughing. Kaoru caught Kojiro's hands.

"Stop tickling me! What are you doing?" the fox looked unreal, laughing like that.

"The fire! Did it burn you? Are you ok? Why would you..." Kojiro's incoherent babbling was cut off as the fox laid a hand over his mouth.

The hand felt overly warm to the Fu Dog's lips. Kaoru snickered as he leaned forward. He placed their foreheads together. With a soft giggle, Kaoru stilled Kojiro's frantic hands.

"I'm a Kitsune, a fox! I have fox fire. I can handle heat Kojiro!" He snickered.

"So, then, you're ok?" Kojiro asked peering up at him.

He thought the fox was delightfully pretty before, but seeing those golden eyes up close! The fine, long, thin lashes brushing over his skin... it was ethereal looking upon his beauty.

"Gorgeous." Kojiro whispered.

"I'm fine." Kaoru was saying.

The moment he realized what the Fu dog had said he drew back. A dark stain coated his cheeks as he looked away.