Why a Kitsune?

A Kitsune. He shook his head. Of all things to come barreling into his restaurant, a Kitsune found him. Not just any Kitsune either. This one wasn't very old. If he were to guess, he maybe had two or three tails? His power was substantial, but not super strong. A young Kitsune, who hadn't eaten in days.

Also, why was he so cute! The man reached out to brush the pink hair away from the sleeping face. Once he had taken the splinter from his hand, he had bandaged it. Then, he fed the fox spirit. Now he was passed out on the table, snoring softly. How long had it been since he was able to sleep peacefully? The Fu dog was certain, it hadn't been any time recently.

Once he finished cleaning the kitchen, wiping down the tables and shutting off all the lights, he gently picked the sleeping Kitsune up. He weighed hardly nothing! It shocked the Fu dog. Turning, he struggled a bit to get out the door with his arms full. It wasn't a long walk to the back of the building where he lived. Yet the night air was chilly.

No sooner did the blast of air strike the Kitsune, it woke up. Springing up it slapped the Fu dog. Screaming, chattering in that weird way only foxes could, it yelled at him. The chef spread his arms out.

"I was only taking you to my home to sleep!" He yelled. This drew the fox up short.

He pointed a long thin, elegant finger at him. "You want my power for yourself! That's why you helped me!" He cried.

"Why would I want the measly powers of a baby fox?" the other shouted back dipping his head to be on the same eye line as the fox.

"Measly! You stupid ape brained moron! You know nothing!" the pink haired fox yelled back.

The Fu dog laughed. This was fun! He usually only fought like this with his sister. He let out a sigh thinking about her. A noise from the ally sounded loud in the quiet night. The fox screamed. It jumped. Before the Fu dog could do or say anything.... the fox was gone.

"... any ally cat!" the Fu dog yelled out into the darkness.

"Come on, come back! Only my home and the restaurant are under my protection!" He screamed into the void of the night.

There was no answer. Letting out another tired sigh, he turned to finish the walk to his house. He could have gotten there through the restaurant but the hall was narrow. He had been concerned of striking the fox's head or feet against the wall. Running a hand over his face, he marched up to the back door.

He took one last look around. Nothing. No sign of the fox spirit. He heard the sound of a cat leaping onto his dumpster. Turning away, he walked into the dark building. He was a guardian Fu dog of the sun tribe, so no need to turn on lights. His twin sister was his mirror, the moon to his sun. They had guarded their dwelling for a life time together. Always side by side.

Then she fell in love with a wayward oni. He wasn't a bad guy, kind of dense but other than that he treated her right. They were away on their honeymoon. He had assured her he could handle everything here for the week she would be gone. Now, he wished he hadn't. It had only been two days! The loneliness was setting in. Never had the nights seemed so empty to him.

Stripping the shirt off, wondered through the living room. He was worried about the Kitsune. Walking the rooms he paused. There was a small hole were the dryer vent came into the house. Maybe...

Storming to the basement he ripped the plastic shield off of the hole. Stuffing his shirt, the one he had sweated in all day, into the hole, he smiled! He knew it had both his sent as well as the food he had cooked mixed into it. If the Kitsune was close by, maybe he could smell it. He would find a safe place for him. They could squeeze inside the smallest of spaces.