The Donkey Kong

"You chose the Donkey Kong?" Kojiro chuckled as they group got their skateboards.

He glanced over at Kaoru. The Kitsune hadn't said anything about his love confession during the bath. He sighed. He didn't mean to shout it at him like that. Well, now it's out there. Whatever shall be, shall be. He thought to himself.

"Seriously, who named these?" Kaoru muttered.

"Tadashi named this one." Kojiro said as they began to skate toward their trail.

"It was during construction season. The guys working it, didn't like us getting in their way. They used to throw their empty barrels at us, or other garbage. We had to duck and swerve around it." His face split into a fond smile.

"You, you really knew them?" Reki muttered.

"Yeah." Kojiro gazed out over the road ahead. He sighed once more. Kaoru was behind him so he couldn't see the Kitsune.

"We used to be friends. Tadashi taught me a lot about skating." He muttered mostly to himself.

"So, they know all your tricks." Kaoru stated.

Kojiro laughed. It was a deep, booming sound that echoed off the buildings around them. He turned his head to wink at the Kitsune.

"Not hardly." He grinned wickedly.

"You see, I knew them as a teenager, not as this!" He gestured to his adult, thick muscled body.

"You got more power, great. Like they can't figure out what you're going to do!" Miya rolled his eyes letting out a little mew.

"Its more than that." Kojiro glanced away from them.

He wore a backpack, yet no one had questioned it. They all had higher than normal human abilities of scent, so each knew there was food in it. What they didn't know was what was hidden in the lower part. Kojiro wondered just what it would be like to allow his ultra ego out again.

Joe had been his savior while in high school. The meek mild Kojiro Nanjo, class president and all around good guy, was often seen as everyone's helper. He helped the cheerleaders, he helped tutor the athletes, he helped the kitchen aides, he helped the teachers, he helped his family, he helped and he helped until there was little time for him.

Meeting Adam, skating boarding, it saved his sanity. Joe was born out of desperation! He was a larger than life idiot! No one asked Joe for help. Joe was beautiful to look at, but too dumb to ask for help! He didn't have a car only his skateboard, so no one asked him for rides. Joe was easy! Easy on the eyes, easy smile, easy going, easy minded! Joe was his freedom.

Kojiro locked that away once his parents died. He needed to fight to live! He managed to go to cooking school, he became a chef. Something he always loved to do. Over time, Joe was forgotten. Yet, there was a little piece of him that lived inside Kojiro still. Kojiro learned to say no to all the help. He helped when he could, but he didn't make it his whole personality any longer. Kari was a big help with that.

"Um, I think we're here." Miya's voice broke into Kojiro's thoughts.

The green haired male, blinked as he looked around. The road was so familiar to him. Over there was where he saw Tadashi/ Snake, fall for the first time. One of the construction workers had tossed a barrel, as Snake was angling away from it, another on tossed a trash can. The skater couldn't avoid both at once. He fell into the grass, scraping his cheek on the divider. Joe patched him up.

Over there was where Adam learned he could change his momentum. He swung about to skate uphill! It was mind blowing, yet Joe had laughed at it. Adam made skating appear easy! Now Kojiro shrugged out of his pack. He set it down beside the spot Tadashi fell.