A quiet night

Kaoru, it was a lovely name. Kojiro sat watching the fox. He was working on something the Fu dog wasn't sure what. Kaoru had asked to look around, Kojiro said he didn't mind. The fox had found an old calligraphy set of Kojiro's sister. Now he was bent over the table, feet up in the chair, tails tucked around him, as he worked.

Kojiro had watched for some time, but then decided to go work out. His work out room was in the basement. He had told Kaoru where he would be. The fox didn't make a sound. Kojiro had done his entire two hour routine. Coming back up the fox was still in the same place. As Kojiro wiped the sweat from his bare chest he looked to the Kitsune.

"What dose it mean?" Kaoru suddenly asked.

Kojiro blinked. He was about to ask him what he was talking about when the pink head lifted. Kaoru turned to look at Kojiro. His amber gold eyes widened. His cheeks flushed, his lips parted as his hand fell to his lap. He gaped at the sweating thick hard muscles on the other's chest. Kojiro grinned.

"Uh, my eyes are a little bit higher." He teased as he walked forward. He had his pecs dance a little.

The flush on the fox spirit's face spread from his cheeks to his forehead down past his chin into his neck. Kojiro chuckled as he looked down at the artwork, for that was all he could think when he saw the neat elegant writing.

"Beautiful." He whispered.

"Yeah, you are." Kaoru muttered absentmindedly.

"I was talking about your art." Kojiro pointed to the picture.

He didn't dare pick it up since he was still sweating. Kaoru blinked. His entire body shook as he pulled himself back from whatever fantasy was going on behind those golden eyes. Kojiro smirked.

"What dose what mean?" He asked leaning a hip against the table.

"Sia La Luce." Kaoru carefully pronounced the name of Kojiro's restaurant.

He gazed up, unblinking, into the soft red eyes of the Fu dog. It was Kojiro's turn to feel his face heat up. He brought the towel up to wipe at his face. As he distracted himself from the Kitsune's gaze, he turned to walk to the steps.

"Let there be light." Kojiro stated.

With one hand on the banister he looked up the stairs. His foot settled to the first step as he looked at the sky through the window in the landing.

"My family has always been my light, my guiding force. When I began to build up this place, I wanted it to be someplace others would bring their families. I wanted this community to feel safe here, with me. I wanted to..."

Thin pale arms reached around his waist. The soft weight of the Kitsune's head pressed into his back. At first Kojiro just thought the fox was hugging him like he had done earlier. But then he felt the wetness of the kiss. He was sweaty, hot, most definitely smelled, so why was the fox kissing his back?

"You wanted to protect everyone." Kaoru guessed.

Kojiro lowered his hand. He thread his thick fingers through the soft thin but long ones on his stomach. Letting out the sigh he lowered his head.

"Yeah, I guess so." He muttered.

How did this small little nothing a fox spirit understand what he felt? It unnerved him a little. Kojiro ran his thumb over the back of the Kitsune's hand. Kaoru nuzzled into his back.

"I should bathe." Kojiro whispered.

"Can I come? It's big enough for us both." The Kitsune's voice was soft. It waited to be rejected.

"Yeah, sure." Kojiro smirked.

Without another sound, he began to walk up the steps. The Kitsune's soft tread followed him. Those long thin arms never let him go. He could feel the strength in them. This was a being who didn't give up easily. Kojiro was sure Kaoru fought for every day he had been allowed to live.