Dasterdly deeds

The lights were turned down low. Kari leaned her hip against the counter as Kojiro finished up tossing food around a skillet. Kaoru watched hungrily. The smells that wafted over him was making him drool. He didn't like that! Using a napkin he had to keep dabbing at his lips.

Then his stomach decided to betray him. It growled so loud, he swore it echoed around the diner! He ducked behind his fan to hide the heat that sprang to his face. Reki laughed.

"Don't be embarrassed! We are all starving for whatever smells so delightful!" He crowed.

Langa nodded enthusiastically at his side. The small cat boy was perched on the edge of his seat, a knife in one hand while he held chopsticks in the other. His eyes followed the Fu dogs around unrelentingly. The doors chimed as a clown and a tall lanky guy walked in.

"Why the show, Shadow?" Kari called out.

The clown glanced around. He had white face paint on with green markings. His orange hair made him look both intimidating and ridiculous at the same time. He laughed sticking his long tongue out as he saw the Kitsune watching him.

"Just feeling it today!" Shadow called back.

"Set the wards." Henry called from the front door. He had just come back from locking up the rest of the place.

Kari and Kojiro moved to the center of the room. Kaoru sat up straighter. He had never witnessed this before. Assuming, that when Kojiro was here by himself, he must have set the wards as he locked up. All eyes were on the twins.

They stood facing each other in the center of the dinning room, right under the glowing paint that the Kitsune had imbued with his own magic. Their large hands hovered before them. Neither was touching the other. As Kaoru watched he felt his hair starting to stand up.

Mia giggled as he brushed at his tail. Reki turned to point to Kaoru, he moved closer to attempt to smooth down some of his fur on his own tail. The Kitsune smiled but gently shook his head. There would be no use to smooth the hairs until the Fu dogs reigned in their magic.

A small spark leapt from Kojiro's hand to Kari's. It grew brighter in the female Fu dogs control. Suddenly it was such a bright glowing blue white that it hurt to look at it. Before Kaoru blinked, he saw the ball shoot up. It hit the ceiling some of it disbursed before the rest shot through the wood as if it were nothing.

Miya jumped up. He ran to the door. Curious, Kaoru followed him. Reki and Langa hot on his heels. Kaoru was pressed to the glass as the others watched with him. Sparkling stars began to fall from he top of the building. They rained down bouncing off the parking lot in jumping little flashes. It was beautiful to see. Kaoru turned to watch the Fu dogs.

They stood, oblivious to the others in the room. Their eyes locked on the one before them. Kojiro's glowed a welcoming blue. It was clam almost tranquil. If Kaoru hadn't been held to the door by the Yeti, he was sure to have meandered his way to that safe glowing warmth. Kari's eyes glowed a fierce and brilliant white. They were so stark that Kaoru felt almost intimidated just by looking at them. He shivered.

"Kaoru watch!" Miya cried, drawing the Kitsune's attention back to the parking lot.

It was as if a soft curtain of the night sky had fallen around them. The world outside became black, sparkled with little sprinklings of twinkling light spots. It was beautiful. Kaoru gasped as he saw a shape that resembled him. There was Henry, Miya, Reki, everyone that was inside was replicated by the sparkling lights.

Slowly they faded until only darkness could be seen. After another moment the faded light of the nearby street lamp came back into view. Langa sighed behind Kaoru, then both their stomachs growled in unison!