Prologue

Once upon a time, there was a king and queen of the most lovely kingdom

Once upon a time, there was a king and queen of the most lovely kingdom. The people were very happy and the villages were always bright and merry.

The king was not always the kindest of people but he took great care of his people.

The sound of laughter and children playing in the well taken-care-of village, filled the air almost everyday.

Many of the people knew each other well and had a close relationship.

Especially with the queen.

The queen was beautiful and the most kind woman any person had ever met. She had a place in her heart for everyone.

Even being queen and having anything she could ask for, she still loved greeting the villagers but most of all, she loved the forest.

She grew up being very close with the fox people who lived in the forest not too far from the kingdom.

The fox people were very independent and were very proud and happy to be in the most beautiful forest in the whole world. At least they would like to think it was.

The queen visited them all the time. They made her happy. She felt comfortable around them, because they were her closest friends.

One day the king and queen were expecting a brand new baby. They were both very excited.

The king wanted a son, who could because king after he passes. He did not have any interest in having a daughter.

One day, the eight month pregnant queen wanted some fresh air, and she missed her fox friends.

So she snuck into her favorite place, the forest.

Once she had arrived, she unexpectedly came into labor. Since the castle was too far for them to get her there in time, they decided to help birth her child.

A beautiful baby girl was born that day, in a beautiful forest.

But unfortunately, her mother did not make it...

One of the fox leaders returned the baby girl to the kingdom and informed the king about his wife who had passed away from childbirth..

The king filled with heartbreak and anger, he blamed the fox people and excused them for murdering his wife even though they hadn't. He locked up the fox leader, who would eventually die. And the king demanded his guards to kill every fox person in the forest.

The next night, a young fox boy with long thin limbs like a colts, was playing with the tiny fish in the creek.

It was night and the only light for the boy to see came from the full moon.

He played in full fox form, pawing at tiny fish that swam by him.

"Yeonjun!! Come now, it's time for bed!" His mother called from far.