• Part Ten •

Still Yeonjun pov

Still Yeonjun pov.

I wonder if I would be handsome?

Maybe I will be tall, or maybe I will be short. Maybe I will be wide, or narrow.
What about my voice? Maybe it will be deep, or maybe it'll be squeaky.

I hope that being a fox for so many years didn't effect my human growth...

Whatever I look like or sound like, it will be just as surprising for me as it would be for Y/n.

However, I have already lost my hopes in falling in love with my soulmate.

My soulmate could be anywhere or anyone. How will I ever know?
Do people always end up with their soulmate?
When I was younger, my mama told me love stories and she did say once that not everyone falls in love with their soulmate.

I just believe my mama. But after all, who really knows?...

..After watching Y/n run off, and thinking about how I might look as a human, I decided to take a walk to my old favorite pond where I used to play with small fishes...

Y/n pov.

I ran swiftly back to the castle.

Luckily, the village didn't look too lively yet. Not that it ever is anyway.

Now that I am within the village and no longer in the forest, it doesn't matter as much if I get caught now.

I ran my fingers through my hair to make sure there weren't any leaves, blades of grass, or flowers in it. And just to fluff it up so it doesn't look like I just woke up.

Then I remembered when my fox friend fluffed up after I set him down.
I smiled at the thought of him. He sure is a cutie..

..I walked through the gates of the castle without sneaking. Because I feel perfectly safe since they don't know where I was. And if the were to ask, I could tell them I was in the gardens and I exited from another gate.

The guards were standing at each side of the gate, standing as still as humanly possible.

I quickly entered the castle and the gate closed behind me.

"Oh, Y/n!" The maid said joyfully as she walked up to me. "You're up early today! Where were you?"

"Oh, I was in the gardens!" I replied. "I just wanted some fresh air. You know?"