• Part Fourteen •

Still Yeonjun pov

Still Yeonjun pov

I pulled and pulled away from the trap, and whimpered from the pain coming from my tail that was being squeezed in the trap. I also noticed blood starting to soak the orange fur of my tail..

Oh Lord am I thankful it's my tail and not one of my legs...

I saw the light from the hunters' lamp heading my direction, and  also heard dogs barking and sniffing the ground in front of them.

I panicked as the light kept getting brighter and the barking kept getting louder.

I pulled away from the trap as hard as I possibly could. And successfully freed my tail. But not without damaging it greatly.

I then sprinted away as fast as I could. Trying to ignore the extreme pain coming from my tail.

I heard the hunters swearing as they discovered their trap didn't have a fox with a lushes orange pelt..

I kept running away until I could no longer hear nor see any sign of the hunters.

I got flashbacks of running away after loosing my mama.. I had the same feelings.. Fear, confusion, pain..

..After a ton of running, I lied down in some tall grass under the moonlight.

I turned to look at my tail. It was covered in blood. There was a very large cut on it and fresh blood was spilling out..
The pain was almost unbearable. I think it may have crushed the bones or something.

A normal fox might lick their tail to clean the blood, but I'm so nauseous now, I can't bare the thought of licking my wounds..

I continued to whimper until I lost consciousness...

Y/n pov. The next day.

I lied in my bed as the sun shone through the curtains.

I've slept in..

The maids seldom woke me up nowadays.. Since they know how upset I am. And they have no orders to wake me anyway..

I stepped out of bed and walked over to the window and opened the curtains up wide and squinted as my eyes adjusted to the light.

Looking down, my eyes immediately noticed Sunghoon.

He was wearing a sleeveless light brown top, and his right arm was in a cast. His torso was wrapped in more bandages. And in his left hand, was his sword.