• Part Eleven •

Y/n pov

Y/n pov.

I weakly sobbed into Sunghoon's chest as I thought about what he had just said for a second.

"B- but that won't work.." I whispered. "My father could stay around for many more years! He could die at age one hundred! That means we'd have to suffer for so long.."

"Not if..." He suddenly stopped speaking.

"If what?" I asked. Almost afraid of what his answer might be.

"Nevermind. Just, thinking out loud."

Just after he finished his sentence, the both of us heard a sound in the hallway. It sounded like someone was walking away quickly.

I pulled out of Sunghoon's arms and wiped the tears off my face.

"Who was it? Was someone watching us?" I asked worriedly.

Sunghoon took a few steps towards the hallway and looked around.

"I'm not sure.. They probably didn't hear what we said since we were whispering. But they may inform the king on what they saw. Depending on who it was."

There are probably about twelve people living in this castle... Mostly maids who are pretty trustworthy.. But I hope they didn't hear anything.

Then Sunghoon turned around and faced me once more.

"I must go now. I have sword training soon."

"Alrighty.."

Then Sunghoon stepped towards me to whisper, "Do not go to the forest." He ordered.

I sighed, then nodded.

Then Sunghoon left to go to his training..

I watched as prince Sunghoon exited the gigantic castle doors. The doors shut behind him and it brought all the fresh air and bright sunshine with it.

There is absolutely no way I will leave my fox to die in the forest. I told him I would see him tonight. And I shall.

If I go late enough, nobody shall notice.. I hope nobody shall notice anyway.

He needs food and company..

..I turned around, towards the staircase, and then run up them, towards my bedroom.

*****

I tried hard to keep my eyes open as I paced back and forth on the carpet in front of my bed.

It must be at least 1AM now. Who should be awake during this time?

Maybe I should wait longer to be safe.