• Part One •

Y/n pov

Y/n pov.

"Y/n! Get up dear! You don't want to be late today! It's an important day!" Said the maid as she opened the curtains wide.

The sun now shone on my face so I squinted my eyes from the bright light.

"Important because why?" I pouted and covered myself with the blankets again.

"Because why? Because it's the day to celebrate the day your father was crowded as king." She explained. "Don't act like this is the first time. This happens every year." She added.

I groaned as I thought about it.

I hate this day. My father doesn't even show himself. He just hides around in the castle, leaving the maid to raise me. And today is so important for whom? It's not like he is going to even be there, to entertain his own guests.

The kingdom and the village always seems so sad. I heard stories when I was young that when my mother was alive the whole village and kingdom was bright and merry and after she was killed it became gloomy..

"Get up right now Y/n!" Snapped the maid suddenly. Bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Okay! Okay! Fine." I said as I got up from bed with a pouty look on my face.

I looked at the maid who held a big, lovely purple gown in her arms, "Here you are, dear. Lovely, isn't it?" She asked.

I looked at the purple gown from top, to bottom. Its gems were glimmering in the morning light.. It was stunning. But I prefer more simple dresses. Ones that are lighter, and easier to move in. And ones with less gems and accessories.. This gown looks heavy.

"Definitely.." I said as I was now mesmerized by the gowns beauty.

The maid then pressed the large dress to my chest, "Here. I will help you dress." She said.

I stood there in my undergarments (not the modern type, but the kind that covers the whole body) and then the maid put the stupid corset on, and I held onto my bed frame and winced as she tightened it.

I rarely ever wear the corset but sometimes for certain dresses, they require one.

I can't breathe properly now..

Then she helped me step into the purple gown, and she tied the ribbons at the back.

I then stepped in front of the mirror and did a small spin.