• Part Twenty •

Yeonjun pov

Yeonjun pov.

After reaching the door knob and twisting it, I quickly crawled inside and shut the door behind me.

The princess still lie unconscious on the floor.

I am so sorry for frightening you. I hope you will still love me now..

I gently touched her cheek again and examined every detail of her face.

Wait, what about her head? What if she needs help?

I gently caressed her head and brushed the hair away from her face.

What would a normal human do in this situation?

"P- prin- cess.. Please w- wake u-p.."

To my surprise, her eyes slowly flickered open.

I smiled slightly and nervously when her eyes met mine.

But then she pushed my hand away from her cheek and swiftly sat up.

"W- what?! You're still here? This actually happened??" As she exclaimed, she crawled backwards to her dresser and gripped a hairbrush.

"Y- yes.. Pri- n- ncess, you are so k- kind to t- take c- care of me. My tail sh- should be all right." I spoke not very clearly but it was the best I could.

I wonder how my fox tail is doing in my other form actually...

She sighed but continued to hold the hairbrush as if she was ready to kill me with it.

"You have lots of explaining to do!" The princess exclaimed.

I started to crawl a bit closer but I stopped when she threw the hairbrush at me.
I yiped like a fox even though the hairbrush hitting my chest didn't hurt.

Third person pov.

After throwing her hairbrush at him, she grabbed a hair comb from the top of the dresser, while remaining seated.

"Don't get closer! Or I shall kill you, or worse I will call the guards!" She snapped, making him flinch and back up.

"I am ter- terribly sorry, princess. I forgot m- manners after all these y- years." He itched his hair awkwardly as he spoke with a gentle, yet struggling voice. "Now, I.. I will explain."

While gripping her hair comb, and giving him an unfriendly glare, she nodded.

"Okay, so you know the story a- about your mother. C- correct?"