• Part Twenty One •

Third person pov

Third person pov.

Yeonjun's cheeks turned pink as he itched his head awkwardly. "Obviously y- you know the answer to that, silly princess."

Of course Y/n knew the answer.. She just didn't want to.

Y/n looked down and tried to go over what was happening, so Yeonjun randomly asked, "What's your name anyway?"

Y/n chuckled in a sarcastic way before replying, "You're in love and you don't know anything about me.." She let out a sigh after speaking.

Yeonjun frowned at the thought. I guess that's right.. I don't know anything about her, but I still love her so. I wonder if my feelings will grow or fade as I get to know her.

"It's Y/n..." She broke the silence, "Kang Y/n."

Yeonjun smiled slightly at her response. "Your name is l- lovely!"

Y/n didn't say thank you, nor did she smile. She only remained silent.

"Y/n, if I am making you feel uncomfortable, I can return to the forest.." Yeonjun said quietly and respectfully to the princess.

Of course Yeonjun didn't want to leave. He wanted to stay with his soulmate. But he must be a respectful fox if he is to win her heart.

"No!" She suddenly exclaimed. "You will not be returning to the forest! At least not until I get to the bottom of this mystery!"

Yeonjun gently and awkwardly nodded to show he understood.

Y/n quickly stood up and walked around her bedroom as if she was searching for something.

"What is your name?" She asked him, without making eye contact.

Yeonjun, who was still seated on the floor, smiled brightly. He thought she'd never ask.

"Yeonjun! Choi Yeonjun." He claimed proudly.

Y/n didn't reply, she only continued walking around the room, looking under and inside of things.

She wasn't quite sure wether to believe Yeonjun or not. She was looking to see if she could somehow found her fox hiding somewhere and possibly prove that Yeonjun may be lying.

Which of course he was not.

"Wait a minute!" Y/n suddenly turned to Yeonjun who was seated. "What on earth are you wearing?" She asked, while pointing at the outfit Yeonjun had stole from Sunghoon.

"Oh! This..." Yeonjun said, refiring to his fancy clothes. "Is pretty isn't it?? I found it in the castle."

"Found it?? You stole that from Sunghoon!"

"But.. I- I needed it. I didn't want to walk around in my naked suit... Besides, this Sunghoon dude has plenty of clothes in his giant, house-sized wardrobe." Yeonjun was unaware of his pouty, upset voice and facial expression as he spoke of Y/n's fiance.

"Well, you could have at least wore it correctly. It's supposed to have an under shirt." She rolled her eyes as she looked underneath her bed.

"I like it this way better though. This Sunghoon dude has bad taste in styling, you know." He pouted.

"You both do" Y/n said as she stopped looking under her bed.

"Well, fine then. " Yeonjun shrugged. "You have bad taste in styling too, but luckily you're so pretty that nobody pays attention to your dresses. It's your beautiful face, and hai-" suddenly he was cut off by Y/n.

"Oh my god, stop. Please. This is getting weird." She cringed.

"Sorry.."

Y/n hopelessly sat on her bed and groaned in frustration because she had not found her fox.

Yeonjun started to stand up until Y/n snapped at him, "woah! Stay right there! I'm not done investing!"

Yeonjun obeyed and stayed seated.

As he sat, he wondered if he was possibly able to turn into fox form again so he could prove it to her. But after all these years, he forgot how to shape shift and was a bit afraid he wouldn't be able to shift back.

"Princess Y/n, I ha-"

"Don't call me princess.. I'm just Y/n" she interrupted.

"Sorry.. Y/n, I have an idea. Since you don't believe me, how about ask me questions only your baby fox knew."

Yeonjun found it a bit funny that she considered him as a baby, when he was in fox form.

Before she could reply, someone started to knock on the door.

"Your majesty! Are you in here?" Asked a woman outside of the door.

Yeonjun glanced at the door, and then back at Y/n.

"Yes, indeed I am." She responded as she gestured Yeonjun to hide under the bed.

Yeonjun understood and slid underneath the bed quickly and quietly.

While under the bed, he watched Y/n open the door and revealing an elderly woman.

"What do you wish to tell me?" Asked Y/n with concern.

"The wedding has been cancelled.. I am unsure how long. But I was ordered to bring you to your fiance at once!"

Y/n was relieved that the wedding was cancelled. But then she started to worry about why it was cancelled in the first place.

"Huh? Why? What happened?"

"Prince Sunghoon is injured. He didn't speak much about it, but he said his horse got spooked and threw him.."