Wtf Is A Shallot

I still can't believe I killed her. I would've never thought I was capable of such a thing.

"I didnt think she would have time to fight back" chico sighed looking at the blood stained hoodie on the car floor.

"wait you were going there to kill her?" I asked oscar looking at him. I was sat on his lap stitching his neck since benji decided to fill the car with people before coming. he opened his mouth to speak but didn't say anything, looking at chico for help.

I shook my head sighing, and continued on stitching his cuts. as I got toward the middle of the cut his pain tolerance clearly went down. his hand found its way the side of my thigh squeezing firmly while his jaw clenched.

"fuck" his breath caught

"it's almost done wait" I put my hand on his, trying to politely shut him up so I didn't stab him with the needle on accident.

well, stab him anywhere but necessary

"how are you doing that in a car? that's talent for real" pablo nodded in approval leaning closer to see the stitches.

I laughed grabbing the alcohol bottle off the car floor and dabbing some on my shirt, and then carefully dabbing it over the cuts.

just as I finished putting patches over the cuts we got back to Oscar's house, ceaser and the other four were sitting on the curb waiting. I guess benji told them what happened.

ruby and jamal looked relieved, ceaser looked worried, monse looked mad as always, and jasmine was playing with rocks in her lap.

~~~~

4 days after the incident

Delilah pov

everything was quiet today, i don't mean literally quiet, the music outside was pretty loud, but it's like the wave finally passed. nothing bad happened after cuchillos.

Oscar and the other men were sat outside on stairs, smoking, drinking, the usual. ceaser was wherever with ruby. abuelita was with her new man. and I was sprawled out on the couch.

afew weeks ago I would have considered this boring but after everything that happened it just felt peaceful instead.

until the door opened.

I smiled at oscar, sitting up so he could come over, but he stayed by the door looking out the window instead.

"that ava girl is walking up the driveway hermosa" he glared still staring outside

"its okay, I need to talk to her anyway. do you want me and her to talk somewhere else? we can go if you want" I asked wondering if he knew what she said about him.

"no, stay here, but if she tries shit-" he started a sentence I knew wouldn't end well so I cut him off

"I won't give her the chance to try start shit. it's okay" I gave him a tight smile walking outside past the other santo men.

she looked at me like she was about to breakdown in tears, which ofcourse made me worry, but I still felt angry about the whole thing.

"hey delilah" she forced a smile glancing at oscar leaning on the porch behind us

"hi ava, wait let's talk over here" I nodded toward the road hoping to gain some distance between the guys, they have a habit of eavesdropping.

"firstly I want to apologize. for everything. I seriously fucked up and I really can't begin to explain what I was thinking when I said all those things, but there was a reason" I watched as afew tears fell from her cheeks