Lucky Girls

"Delilah" Oscar's voice somehow made it into my dream, before I was conscious and realized he was talking to me in real life.

"Wake up" I felt his arms around my waist, he's not even up yet,I can tell hes still lying right next to me half asleep.

"Whyy" I groaned pulling my pillow over my head.

"Avas called you three times" he groaned back letting go of me so I could sit up.

"Three?" I asked picking up my phone, just as she called again.

"Hello?" I yawned waiting for her to speak back.

"Am I picking you up or did oscar say you can drive his car?" She called me THREE TIMES and her tone was normal as ever. I thought she was in desperate need of help.

"I'm picking you up, gimme 10 minutes ill be there soon" I hung up looking at the time.

"Was she dying?" Oscar asked turning over and squinting at me, adjusting to the light.

"No" I laughed.

"Three times too many then" he shut his eyes again, I guess not wanting to wake up yet.

"I gotta go, can I still take your car?" I leaned over hugging his back, he was lying on his stomach.

"Mhm, you need help? He mumbled into the pillow.

"No I've got it, thank you" I squeezed him tighter before standing up, and changing into acceptable clothes.

"Delilah" oscar called me back into the room just as I walked out.

"Uh huh?" I stopped in the door shoving things into my pockets so I didn't have to carry around a bag.

I watched as he reached onto the bedside table and dug around in his wallet with one arm, his face still in the pillow.

"What are you doing?" I laughed doing up the last button on my pants.

He didn't respond, but held out his card to the side of the bed without a word.

"I'm not taking that oscar" I laughed turning around.

"Delilah come here" he said sternly, obviously not fucking around.

"I have money" I walked to him taking the card and trying to out it back in the wallet.

"You better walk away" he scoffed, laughing but very serious.

"With the card" he said just as I opened his wallet.
He's not even looking at me how did he know?

"I'm not using it, but if you wanna be broke for the day that's fine by me." I scoffed, sneakily placing it back om the table before walking out

"can you get me a Corona with that too" he yelled before I shut the door.