I.D Please

Saturday 6:54pm

" this is the least dodgy looking club I have ever seen" ava squealed as we pulled up infront of the building.

The words 'Sweet solution' in big neon letters flashed above the doors, and huge bouncers were sifting through lines of people.

"Your so right" I smiled admiring the clean look of the building, if it looks clean on the outside I can't imagine the inside.

"Lets gooo" ava was quick to get out of the car, running across the road during a gap of cars.

"This a longgg line" she groaned linking her arm with mine as we walked to the back of the growing queue.

"Lets hope it's worth it then" I replied walking beside her.

~~~

"I.D please" the tall buff bouncer grumbled uncrossing his arms after we finally waited out the line.

Ava gave him her ID first, it got approved. I handed him mine, ava was waiting in the doorway.

"Sorry, you need to leave" he begun, handing my ID back to me shaking his head.

"What?" I looked down at my ID to try see what was wrong with it. It's a real I.D so the fact he turned it away doesn't make sense.

"Good to see you nick" oscars voice came out of nowhere, holding my waitst from behind me and walking straight past the bouncer with a smile, into the club.

"Uhh that was hot" I whispered to ava, as she giggled, following right beside us down the long hallway.

"What are you doing here?" I smiled holding my arm around his waist, side hugging him as we all walked past groups of people.

"Got bored with joker, thought I could help you get a job" he glanced down at me, grabbing my hand and leading me infront of him to pass the crowds.

"Do you know the bouncer?" I raised my voice a little as the music got louder the futher we went. he laughed.

"Nah not really" he shook his head stopping infront of two big doors, waiting for us to go in first.

Ava pushed the heavy doors open squinting as bright flashing lights beamed into the hallway.

"No way" I stared through at the crowd of people, a crazy amount of people, stages and music.

"Holy shit delilah" ava squealed grabbing my hand and walking us through the doors.

"This is insane" I looked around the big open space, everyone seemed happy.

"Where do we go?" She stood up on her toes trying to look over the people.

"Over there?" I looked at oscar to see if he knew.

"That man there, he owns the place" oscar bent down to us pointing through a group of women, to an oldish man, wearing a dark navy suit.

"Hold on" oscar walked toward the man, saying something then pointing to ava and I.
Both oscar and the man walked back to us.

"Hello, I'm Pete" he nodded his head sternly holding out his hand.

Me and ava shared a look, and her look was telling me loud and clear she did not want to shake his hand, so I did.

"I'm delilah, this is ava. Are you looking for work?" I introduced us with a smile, trying to make the best first impression possible. I find it abit weird that a 50 or so year old man runs a strip club, that young women work at. But I guess everyone needs money somehow.

"When can you two start" he looked between us, waiting for an answer.

"Sorry what?" Ava shook her head, as if trying to remember if what she heard was true.

"We can start whenever" I spoke for her, holding her hand tighter.

"Great, come back tomorrow night, you can start as bartenders" that was all he said before walking off, somewhere into another hallway.

"That was weird no?" I turned to oscar

"You got a job" he shrugged with a smile.

"Ava, we got a fucking jobb" I smiled at her, but she was frowning.

"Maybe it's not the best idea" she let out a breath.

"What?" She wanted to do this with me.

"Lets just talk about it tomorrow" she shook her head walking with fast pace toward the hallway we came in through.

Both oscar and I watched as she walked off, wondering what just happened.

~~~

"I don't know delilah I'm nervous as fucckkk. Mario is quite literally the only person whose seen me naked" ava mumbled over the phone.

"Ava we aren't going to be naked, were going to be behind a bar. Your not obliged to do anything" I tried to make her feel less nervous, so she doesn't ditch me tomorrow

but I'm nervous too, like neither of us have ever had any experience with shit like this. I don't understand why that man gave us the job just like that, he looked to professional to be chill about his employees.

"ok I guess, wait also prom, Thursday, should we buy dresses tomorrow too? I don't have one yet" she groaned.

"Oh shitt, yeah can we? I forgot to get one last week." Times goin too fast.

"OK sweet, I'll pick you up tomorrow, 9 30?" She shuffled around over the phone.

"I'll pick you up this time, I'm going to try get oscar to let me use his car" I sung, getting ready to ask him in the most desperate tone ever.

"Ok well if that doesn't work call me and I can drive us" she laughed before hanging up.

Standing up from Oscars bed I reached for the doorhandle,but stopped, hearing voice right in the hallway.
I shouldn't have listened but of course I did.

"He's taking up space spooky?! It's such a hassle having to go back everyday" an unfamiliar familiar voice spoke, I think it's joker.

"Do you think I care if it's a hassle? Don't do shit until I say" Oscar's voice was quieter than jokers, like he didn't want me to hear.

Or anyone really.

Hearing footsteps disperse throughout the house I shuffled back to the bed again, covering my cold feet with a blanket.

I almost gasped when the door opened, but caught my tongue seeing oscar walked in.

"What up drippy" He smiled walking toward me, sitting on the side of the bed and lifted my feet into his lap.

"Reading" I smiled back showing the cover of my book. More like gaslighting myself that Im going to read it.

"You read?" He tilted the book up read the title.

"Uh yes? Who doesnt" I laughed like it was a stupid thing to even ask. But it kinda wasn't.

He raised his brow sucking in his bottom lip.

"Ohh my god no, I don't read, it just boring like I can't never get past two pages before wanting to burn it." I groaned shutting the book and throwing it to the other side of the bed. That look could make anyone confess

He just smiled knowingly, and the look he was giving sorta felt like the perfect time to ask about his car.

"Also-" I started

He brows lowered, why does he always know what face to make.

"-can I use your car tomorrow" I spoke faster than usual, hoping he would think faster than usual and just say yes straight away.

"What?" He laughed shaking his head. Does that mean no?

"I just want to drive me n ava to the mall, that's it. Please" I begged, sitting up so he knows I'm serious.

"You dont have to ask, just dont crash it" he said seriously

"Thank you" I let out a breath wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging his bald ass head.

"aye stop it I'm a Humble man" he laughed