Our House?

I quietly stepped out of the room while ava was on the phone, and called abuelita, just to be sure she would even be okay in the house alone.

"helloo mija" she said happily, right into the mic on her phone, I turned down my volume so I could hear normally after this conversation.

"heyy, I've got a question" I took a breath, if abuelita doesn't feel safe here alone there's no way i can move in with oscar.

"I know, oscar already asked just incase and yes you go, I'll be fine, because remember the new guy I've been seeing? he wants to move in too!" she said, again, happily.

"oh my gosh that's great abuelita, thank you" I smiled gratefully. Oscar asking my abuelita first is the cutest thing ever.

"I want you to meet him one day, not today though were shopping" she giggled, by 'were shopping' she most definitely means she's shopping and her mystery man is paying

"okay, cya abuelita" I laughed.

~~~~

"what up bitchess" I called as me and ava walked into Oscars house, our house? Oscar's house that he kindly let's me live rent free in. I'll pay him when I'm a billionare stripper.

"ayeee chica" chico called back from the table, the usual  santo men were sat around the kitchen table playing some sort of card game. very intensly too, pablos cards were held so tight to his chest because we all know chico is a cheater and likes to look at the reflection in people's glasses at their cards.

"Heyy, is benji not here?" I scanned the kitchen, maybe he's with oscar

"Not today, he said he was busy or whatever" chico scoffed, he's very serious about thier daily card games

"Anyway Oscar said your finally moving in" chico dragged the 'finally' with a huge grin to his cheeks.

"you were basically already living here before anyway." Pablo chuckled placing afew cards

"Yeah, you've all met ava right?" I introduced her with a smile

"yes, we have, wanna play cards chica? pablo handed her a set and pulled a chair up to the table.

"Oscars out back" pablo mouthed to me silently as chico explained rules to ava.

I made my way down the hallway to the back door pausing by ceasers room, his door was cracked open and I could hear him sniffling.

"ceaser? you good?" I knocked on the wall by his door waiting for him to say something back.

"yeah I'm good" he put on a deep voice.

"okay, I'll be out the back if you need anything yeah?" I said but he didn't respond, just ignoring the statement

continuing toward the door, I glanced at the table in the hallway. Oscar's wallet sat there open.

I stopped, walking back to it and leaning down, a picture someone took of me and him, on my birthday, right after he gave me that necklace, was folded into the clear part of his wallet.

"he's had that in there since that night" I jumped at ceasers voice behind me.

"sorry?" I turned to him confused, but then realized what he said.

"oh" I looked back at the picture. it's a cute picture I must admit.

he has that stupid cute grin on his face, I look happy, I was looking at whoever was behined the camera, but he was looking at me. I love this picture.

I stepped back as oscar walked toward us. glancing toward his wallet with a smirk, and then back at me.

"I was waiting for you" he softly grabbed my hand pulling me into him.