You Heard Me

I tried fitting it on my fingers, but it was too big for all of them

I tried fitting it on my fingers, but it was too big for all of them. I turned it looking at the engravings on the inside, 2003, the year oscar was born.

part of me was expecting this to happen with my father, not exactly him abducting me, but something like this. as soon as I saw him in abuelitas house yesterday, I've felt om edge, I guess I should've known better.

the train was dark, and took a long time. I didn't have my phone either so I couldn't call anyone.

finally the train came to a stop. I got up walking out, and when I looked up, oscar was there. looking back at me.

I looked down at my attire, then around at the station incase a hole I could crawl into popped up

I looked down at my attire, then around at the station incase a hole I could crawl into popped up. but of course it wouldn't.

I tried to avoid Oscar's gaze knowing I'd cry if I looked back.

my body felt so weak, weak to the Point where I didn't even feel like I could walk. but I think that's only because when I'm around oscar I don't feel the need to protect myself.

he came over instead, and without a word pulled me into his chest. I put my arms around his waist hiding my face into his warm body.

"I'm sorry delilah" his voice was soft, soft and didn't seem so tough. like the mask he wears over his emotions was finally gone.

"I cant do this shit without you oscar" I cried into his chest holding him tighter. not even getting jumped felt this bad, because oscar was around for that.

"I ain't going nowhere ma, come on" he took my hand leading me back to his car. I've missed this car, haven't even seen it in like a week.

"how did you know I'd be there?" I asked realizing I never got the chance to tell anyone where I was

"pablos sister, she untied you from his car" he started the car looking at me.
so that's where I've seen that woman.

"I missed you fool" he said quietly, after looking away.

"what?" I smiled, I heard him loud and clear but I want to hear it again.

"you heard me" he shook his head smirking