13. f**k the world (1)

[Sadé, 21]

[Sadé, 21]

August 25

"The baby tired of playing, hunny." Sadé picked up Georgie from the bouncer surrounded by the twins who were shoving toys at her and holding her hands, "She's hungry and ready for a nap." She told them. "Hand me that blanket over there please." Both of them ran to the blanket, fighting over who would get to bring it to her. "Oh my Gawd, somebody, anybody, everybody." She complained while positioning the baby to feed, just about ready to get up and grab it herself. It had been nearly three two days since Dame or Maverik had returned to the house and the boys were determined to make sure his presence wasn't missed. Sade didn't have to lift not a hand or a foot as long as the boys were around.

"Y'all so sweet. But, me and Georgie need a little alone time and some quiet time okay? Go upstairs and play the game or something."

"Okay, we gone be back to check on Georgie."

Sadé sucked her teeth with a smile; irritated but appreciative at the same time. "Girl!" She yelled as the baby began to whine at the disappearance of her new favorites. "You better get this milk and leave them little boys alone." She fussed. "Let them go have some fun. Spoiled self."

"Okay." Holle announced as she entered the room. "I'm going to the store. Text me." She gave Sadé a half hug and kissed Georgie on the forehead.

The garage door closed behind Holle leaving Sade alone in the living room with the baby as she nursed in silence. Georgie's almond eyes began to roll softly as her lids grew heavy with sleepiness. She rubbed the baby's head watching her first born in awe.

She heard a creak in the next room which caught her attention causing her to look over; "Reese, you cool?" She asked, still concerned after his 'episode' the other night. He entered the living room taking a seat on the chocolate coated hardwood panels by her feet. She leaned back, getting comfortable on the couch.

"What happened? Why you gotta take meds and shit?" He ignored her question which bothered her being that she and Maurice were very comfortable with one another before the 'Mo incident'. Now he was a turtle hiding inside of its shell. "School starting soon. You ready? Eleventh grade, right?" She asked, changing the subject, not knowing what else to say.

"Did you finish high school?"

"Boy, I'm about to graduate College. Fuckisyoutalmbout?" She jerked her neck back as the newyorker flew outta her mouth.

He smirked and she jokingly pushed him with her foot.

"You bet not be asking me that for the reason I think you are."

He was quiet but the things he didn't want to say out loud were plastered on his stressed face. He massaged the back of his neck as he rested his head on the couch behind him. Sadé didn't want to push him to talk about anything he wasn't ready to, but she couldn't sit back and watch the sixteen year old self destruct right before her eyes. Once she finished feeding Georgie and put the baby down, "We get diplomas and degrees 'round here patna." She pointed at him. "So why you asking me about dropping out?"