Baby Blues

A/N: Idek why I didn't publish this 🥴I think I might've just ran out of ideas for how to end it 🤷🏽‍♀️ but here's some extra footage of Reece and ILeah the night of the hospital visit.

ILeah SaVoy, 16

By Zendaya

[july 19]
2:00am

Maurice

"I can't take you.. I got my car taken away this weekend. I'm on complete lockdown, Leah, no car, no phone and I can't leave the house."

"It's an emergency, Reece. I'm getting freaked out a little and I can't ask my mom for help. I googled my symptoms and I think something might be wrong with the baby!" She whisper yelled, looking around to see if anyone was near enough to hear her. "I'm scared."

"Maybe we should tell your brother. At least then if you need help and I can't do anything he'll be able to get you what you need."

"Maurice." She angry smiled. "Get your ass over here, now." She demanded, trying to stay calm. "I don't care if you have to steal your own car or get a lyft or whatever, you need to take care of me and our baby." she started to get emotional and her nose was turning red. "Maurice."

"I'll be there in fifteen." She glared at me. "If I can make it there sooner, I swear i'll try. I have my burner, you have the number saved right?"

She glared at me again and I reluctantly hung up, fearing that she'll yell at me for hanging up on her whenever I finally get to her house. I snuck through the hallway grateful that my parents' room is on the opposite wing of the house. We don't have an alarm system set up at the house yet since we've only been here for the better of three months and this is the first time that i'm glad we don't have it set up yet. After taking my mother's keys from the tray on the hall table, I slipped through the back door making it to ILeah's parent's house in record time. She was waiting for me at a corner not too far from her house which I begged her not to do, but she's paranoid of someone catching us.

We drove the nearest emergency room which was Beaumont hospital and she signed in under a false name. When we turned from the reception desk to find seats, her brother was standing right behind us. "What's going on?" he asked as soon as we noticed him. Leah somehow turned off any sign of pain in her face and switched on an easy going persona.

"I was feeling a little sick and I didn't want to wake mom and dad up." She lied. "Maurice was nice enough to give me a ride."

"You knew I was still up, you could've just asked me." Zay said, looking her over suspiciously.

"Well it doesn't matter, i'm here now. And, i'm not alone, so you can leave. You have to go to work in like what? Six hours?"

"No, you're only sixteen, i'm not leaving you in an emergency room at two in the morning." He turned to Reece and gave him a stern look, jerking his head to the side urging him to follow him. Maurice looked at Leah nervously and led her to a nearby seat before following Zay outside. Isaiah lit a cigarette and balled his fist at his side. "Is this her first time going to the doctor?" He asked, clearly doing everything he could to keep calm. "How far along is she?"

Maurice kept quiet, afraid to tell him anything and wondering how he knew she was with child. Zay was getting fed up with the lack of information. "Anything could be wrong you dumbass! You should've told me." He jumped at him, holding back the urge to punch him.

"What was I gonna say Zay? Please help, I knocked your sister up."

"Exactly, stupid. I can't believe y-"

"She's probably six months and no we haven't seen anyone about it."

"I'm gonna fucking kill you." He pointed in his face. "She better be okay, nigga." He put his cigarette out on the concrete wall before heading back into the automatic glass doors.

"Wait... should we call your mom?"

"Let's see what's wrong first." Isaiah threw his cigarette on the ground and walked back into the automatic doors of the hospital. Maurice pulled his burner out and texted Dame.

Maurice- Dame, this is Reece. You're probably asleep, but I'm at the emergency room with ILeah. I m only telling u because I still haven't told my parents yet and I'm nervous. Her brother is here too, but she hasn't been seen yet. I'll let you know if anything happens.

He returned to ILeah and Isaiah and sat between them, nervously. ILeah was quiet, but Reece could tell she was in pain because of how red her face was, but he was afraid of saying or doing the wrong thing especially while Isaiah was there. He gently took her hand into his and she squeezed it. They made eye contact and Reece let her know that everything was going to be okay even though he may have been more scared than she was.

"So when did you find out?" She turned, looking at Zay. He avoided looking at her, finding any and everything else to put his attention on. "You know, I'm not just some kid, I can handle myself."

"Then why haven't you seen a doctor? Have you been taking vitamins? I know you haven't been taking care of anything because you are a kid, Lee. And you don't know what you're doing. When are you planning on telling momma? She's gonna fucking fl-"

"This is why I couldn't tell you." She mumbled, looking away from her brother. "I can't talk to anybody but Maurice. I could be fucking dying and I still wouldn't come to you mom or dad for help." She shook her head, blinking away tears. "Fuck!" She said through gritted teeth, grabbing at her belly as the tears flowed out.

Isaiah looked at Maurice with an expression that was hard to read, but Reece had seen the look in his eye often in his own fathers eyes before. Remorse. Maurice nodded his head towards ILeah urging Zay to show her some type of affection, when he couldn't, Maurice took her into his own arms, rocking her until the nurse called them back.

[w:02/16/2021
r/p: 07/17/2021]