MisUnderstood

June 28
Dame

10:22p
I had planned to meet Cole at my new house so we could catch up. I haven't seen him since our trip to Fort Valley, Georgia way back in February. A lot has happened since then. I was gonna wait for him to come to my house, but I decided it'd be better if we're in a more comfortable place, since my house isn't furnished yet.

It was about 10:30p when Cole finally walked into the loft immediately waving me off talking about taking a shower or some shit. He smelled like straight sex. I just rolled my eyes and let him handle his business, but once he came back about fifteen minutes later, it was time for me to tell him everything that's happened in the five months he's been gone. The words were right on the tip of my tongue but my mind was stuck. I had been deciding which news to tell him first, but this one thing was clouding my mind.

About twenty minutes later, he finally settled on the couch with a bowl of leftover spaghetti. I was calm and collected up until Cole looked up from his bowl meeting my eyes with his. Its like his eyes saw right through the bullshit smile I wore. My leg started to shake and the anger and sadness came flooding. Cole has never once seen me cry, but for some strange reason, I couldn't control my emotions right then. I lowered my head closing my eyes to keep the tears in... who knew that that would force a single tear to escape. I quickly wiped it away and sniffed.

"Damn, I ain't think this shit would be so hard Cole."

He didn't say a word, but his bowl of food was discarded to the coffee table. I looked up at him and saw concern in his face.

"My father.." I took a deep breath and exhaled loudly.

"My father is here. I seen him Cole, and he's cool." He scrunched his brows in confusion.

"How? I thought you ain't have no parents."

"I didn't."

"So.. you been lying to me? I thought we was the same... you really had me f-"

"Shut UP DAMN. It ain't always about you nigga."

"So you not an orphan? You got a father and you been mad at me for getting adopted when you have a whole father? Woooow" he rubbed his head and got up from the couch, dramatically.

"You don't even understand what the fuck I'm saying dumb ass. He left me. He didn't want me nigga. Far as I'm concerned, the makes me an orphan."

"But you know him. You don't know what it's like to not even know what the fuck your momma look like or her-"

"Don't say SHIT about my momma Cole." I wanted to smack the shit out his face but I just punched my palm instead. "Fuck!"

It stayed quiet for a few minutes between us after that. I really hate it when he turns my problems onto himself... he so fucking selfish and that shit is old news. He always been like this, but I didn't mind because he needed somebody to be there for him. I was okay with that until I realized he could never be there for me the way I need him to be.

"Dame I-"

"He's a bitch ass coward for leaving me. He was dead to me Cole. I don't understand how you don't get that shit?"

"How did he find you?"

"I don't know nigga. This whole shit is just bizarre as fuck Cole." I started to explain how I got in contact with him and how we planned on meeting up today and how the meeting went, but about ten minutes in, Cole's phone alarm went off. He turned it off and gave me a puppy dog look before lowering his head.

"Aye.... I know we got a lot to talk about, but I gotta go to work."

"What the fuck Cole? You not serious right now."