Out My Mind, Just In Time: part three

July 17
12:42pm

Cecil

"Maaan Ion know if imma ever get this daddy shit right." I huffed out to Dame. I sat down on the couch as I hung up with my son on the phone.

"At least you're trying now. And you still learning. You'll get better... just make sure you stick around this time , C."

I rolled my eyes at him and he laughed.

"Whatchu think I been doin' man? I'm trying."

"You trying." He repeated after me but in a different tone than I spoke in. I just looked at him and waved him off.

"When yo seed growing up, Just make sure you doing all the shit you been telling me I need to do."

"Hell yeah! Imma show you the fuck up! Might fuck around and be daddy of the year." Dame said smugly, smirking at Cecil.

"Aaalright, bruh. Imma let chu have yo moment."

"Why you thinking about that anyway?"

"I don't even know my own kid. He hated being in Africa because he only had one friend his whole life and I took him away from that. I ain't know he was so attached to Jabari. He told me that they've done everything together since they were like three years old. That's something I should've known... something I would've known had I done what I was supposed to do from jump."

"Okay, but you know now... and you gone keep learning shit everyday."

Dame looked up from his phone, excited. He went to the kitchen to grab something then came back into the living room where he and I were chilling. He walked to the front door where he had a cooler with beers and pops and shit. We got done grilling about thirty minutes ago. This nigga went all out for a damn meet and greet.

"They here."

"Who?"

"My brothers."

"I thought you already had brothers." I teased, knowing how he'd respond.

"C'mon man, I'm already gettin' that shit from Cole."

"Chill, I was just playing witchu." I collected my phone and speaker while he unlocked the door. He rolled his eyes and forced a laugh.

"Whatever, bruh. You ready?"

"Mhm." I responded. Dame opened the front door walking out to the porch greeting his brothers. I stayed back for a couple seconds to compose myself. I grabbed the cooler and closed the screen door behind me.

"This is Lonnie" he gestured toward a tall lighter brown skinned man, "and his brother Jah, my cousin." He said pointing at a shorter but more built dark skinned man, "And this is my little brother Reece." Dame introduced the younger who was of a lighter skinned complexion. I'm assuming he has a different mother or something, cuz he doesn't look like any of these men except for height. The three brothers tower over me, all at least six feet. I nodded and put my hand out for the nigga hand shake to each of them. Reece just opted for a bro hug, not surprised.

"Whassup everybody, I'm Cecil, Dame's self appointed big brother." I smiled at my own phrase and looked around before claiming one of the chairs on the porch.