UNHOLY WAR

Lonnie/Black
Monday , February 10
4:43 pm

L O N N I E 'black' James, 25

Portrayed by Keith Powers

"Aye... daddy what's good witchu?"

"I'm taking care of business right now. What's going on witchu Black?"I join my father on the loveseat watching him work.

M A C A R T H U R James

Portrayed by Mahershala Ali44

44

"I was just saying to myself... I think you should put another man on the job tonight?" I asked rubbing the tip of my nose.

"Whatchu rambling 'bout nah son?" He asks not taking his attention away from counting his money.

"I'm just thinking that you never put me on no job like this? Why start now? You know.. what if I-"

"You got it Black. You gotta get out there eventually. Now I been babying you for too long, cuz you my boy. But I'm putting you out there."

"But last time-" he put his money down on the coffee table and cocked his head over at me.

"Last time my ass. When the fuck have you ever been on the front fucking line?" He chuckles watching my face.

"You know.. the boy.." I spoke clear and kept eye contact. I wasn't given any background about the job I have to do tonight, and no word means I'm killing someone and my pops don't want me to have any information on it just in case I get caught. I know how the shit goes.

"What boy?"

"The Arab boy? The one yal caught doi-"

"Ohh the young man you froze up on. Yeah...yeah... that shit don't really count tho Black. You didn't finish the job." He says to me with his mouth turned upside down shaking his head. "Yeah boy... that don't count."