Chapter 3 Page 13

It was finally the big day of Amy's battle with Penelope

It was finally the big day of Amy's battle with Penelope. She was taught basic etiquette and practiced a talent that she could show off to the ladies. She was wearing a floral green tea party dress and her shoulder length quills were styled by Jenny and her two other maids. The dress was light and surprisingly easy to move in. Jenny always made the best clothes for her. She was thinking of making her, her personal tailor. She had to speak with Shadow about it. Jenny deserved that much, after all Amy thought she was amazing. As she had her mind on this Jenny had recommended arriving earlier than the invitation had said. Amy didn't have time to ask why as Jenny quickly guided her outside and in front of her carriage. Brandon and Jenny both accompanied her inside the royal carriage. Amy felt nervous but strengthens her resolve as she wasn't going to back down from this. Penelope was clever and words were like her fists, she had to be even more clever than her. It wasn't long before she had arrived to finally understand why Jenny had suggested her to arrive early. Once she had arrived at the salon it looked like a miniature version of a pink palace. Everything looked so clean that she could practically eat off the floor, not that she was going to.

Amy's ears perked up as she could hear laughter behind the double doors she was guided to. "You can do this Madam. Good luck..." Jenny spoke cheering her on with determination in her eyes. "I will be outside the door if you need me..." Brandon reassured her before giving her a small smile. Amy smiled at them both before turning to the door to take a deep breath. She let out the breath she was holding in before Jenny opened up the door for her. Hearing the door opening the ladies all turned to see Amy. She walked in with a smile on her face "Greetings everyone. My name is Amy Rose, I hope I didn't come too early" she slightly lifted her dress up as she greeted the ladies with a dignified form. All of them were surprised to see her as if they had just seen a ghost, especially Penelope. She soon started to look annoyed before she forced a smile on her face, saying "Oh my, it seems you're just in time" Penelope acknowledged her presence. All the girls in the room were all unique and beautiful. However Penelope was wearing a tight fitted red dress with a black corset and black see through fabric decorating the back of the bottom of her dress causing the see through fabric to make the dress longer in the back and short in the front. She had black long silk gloves that reached down to below her elbows while her spiked rings around her wrists still remained. Penelope looked like the final boss out of all of them as her influence clearly showed. The many girls seemed awkward as they kept glancing at her. "You may sit at the end of the table..." She said as she used her hand to point at her chair to sit. Amy felt like Penelope did something already, she had that gut feeling something wasn't right as she gracefully walked to an empty seat between a young lady who wouldn't look her in the eye and a blue-ish gray cat who had a dark blue gem embedded in the middle of her forehead. Her long hair was pushed back into one large braid, the end of her braided ponytail was a large golden ring that looked like it held it from unraveling.

The cat smiled at her as she didn't seem to side with Penelope since she was the first to greet Amy. "Hello Amy. It's a pleasure to meet you" she said with a soft smile. Amy noticed the other females were talking amongst themselves, leaving the two females out. "My name is Flare the cat" she spoke causing Amy to greet her back. "You seem pretty smart Amy. Coming here "early" really took them by surprise" the feline spoke amused to see Penelope look rather annoyed. "What?" Amy questions as they talked loud enough so only they could hear each other. "Hm? Wait you don't know?" The cat spoke with a short laugh. "Penelope gave you the wrong time to the salon. She was going to have you an hour late, painting you as a disrespectful lady who disregards social etiquette." "What? how do you know this!?" Amy spoke out in a hushed tone, she was upset with herself that she gave Penelope any benefit of the doubt. "That's what they were laughing about. They just finished talking about it as soon as you came in" Flare explained causing Amy to glance at Penelope who was staring at her with an intense stare. Amy finally understood, she was out to get her from the moment she saw Amy and she wasn't pulling any punches.