Chapter 2 page 10

Outside the palace gates stood two guards, everything seemed peaceful

Outside the palace gates stood two guards, everything seemed peaceful. The day was beautiful, the sky was light blue, no clouds in sight as the sun happily shined down to brighten the people's day even more. Birds were flying as they sang while flying. The guards at the gate thought nothing could disturb the peaceful atmosphere. That was until they could hear faint clanking noises in the far distance. The two guards immediately stiffened as they were now on guard. However as the sounds grew closer their faces dropped from their serious expression to absolute terror. A black extravagant carriage that was outlined with gold was being pulled by two horses.
On top of the carriage were  small flags on each corner of the  carriage with crests on them. A picture of a large black three headed snake wrapped with vines that had thorns was the symbol of the infamous Thornhart family, chills ran through the knights bodies. They could only wait as it felt like it took hours for the carriage to come closer, the two knew all too well who was in the carriage. However the palace guards stood their ground at the intimidating carriage. "Halt!" One of them spoke once the horses stopped in front of them. The coachmen glared at the men dressed in armor. He was a black squirrel with red eyes and no tail, it had been cut off along with his ability to smile. "Lady Penelope has business in the royal palace" he simply spoke looking down at the knights. "I'm sorry but we were not notified of anyone's arrival today-" one of the fully armored knights spoke before he was interrupted. "How dare you! Lady Penelope will-" "That's enough now..." A female voice came from the large carriage, silencing him.

The carriage door opened up, soon a blue fox with purple highlights and light grey eyes stepped out of the carriage. She was wearing a maids outfit as she stepped down gracefully onto the steps of the carriage to finally the ground. "Hello gentlemen. I'm sorry for his rude behavior" she spoke bowing her head before pulling out a letter from her skirt pocket. It had the official Thornhart steal, keeping the contents private for only the King to see. "We have a letter to deliver to the king it's very urgent, you see" she spoke smiling before giving them the letter. The knight inspected the letter without opening it. The seal looked authentic enough, this caused the knight to hand the letter back to her. "Very well...Open the gates and inform the king immediately!" The knight commanded. The fox only thanked them before going back towards the carriage.

The gates slowly opened as cranking sounds could be heard while the large steel black doors opened for the carriage to enter. The carriage soon started to pass the knights, causing their eyes to widen as they caught a glimpse of a pair of intense light blue eyes that were surrounded in darkness provided by the carriage. They flinched before immediately lowering their head to show the lady respect. Both knights held their breath until the carriage fully left. The two armored knights could only sigh as the gates started to close once more.

The palace was in a panic as the unexpected guests were people they had to get ready for. The king's men were looking for the king everywhere. They even searched the most peculiar of places on the palace grounds. However time wasn't on their side as the carriage had already arrived at the grand entrance of the palace. The blue fox was the first to open the carriage and walk out. She stood to the side, holding out her hand for her lady to take it while walking down the carriage. Long slender pale pink legs walked down the small carriage steps, a white gloved hand with red spiked cuffs around her wrists gracefully rested her hand onto the fox's. Slowly she descended until her black heeled boots hit the ground. A pale pink furred hedgehog with tainted black quills exited the carriage. She looked upon the towering palace with a devious smirk on her face" If you won't come to me, I'll just come to you" she spoke as her sky blue eyes seemed to hold a sinister glint in them. The female approached the palace entrance with her usual attire, her almost skin tight black and white dress that just reached past her butt with her black boots and heavy black and red make up.