Chapter 4 Page 19

A heavy silence rang through the air, it seemed like time had stopped while Amy could only stare at the air on the cold floor

A heavy silence rang through the air, it seemed like time had stopped while Amy could only stare at the air on the cold floor. She was emotionally and physically drained, she blamed herself for not being able to help Finley. She didn't know how she got so emotionally attached, maybe it was because she saw herself in Finley. They both were betrayed by the ones they had thought loved them. Amy naturally reached her heart out to him, but now it seemed almost pointless since she couldn't do anything for him. Amy was feeling defeated, it showed on her face causing Ruby to place her transparent hand onto her shoulder. She floated down as she brought her legs up so she could softly land on her knees. "Amy...You haven't lost yet..." Ruby said softly as she tried to lift her spirits. "Finley is still here somewhere. If he wasn't all this dark energy wouldn't be here and we would be out of this subspace..." Ruby mostly figured out how the subspace worked. It allowed people in but didn't allow people out until Finley was either dealt, with or without the dark energy shrouding him. Ruby noticed a good amount of armor scattered in the piles of bodies. There were also dead knights when they met the crazy cat back in page 17. Francis really did do everything he could for his brother, this was only a guess but Ruby assumed Francis was sending his knights down here to help or kill Finley without doing it with his own hands. However it seemed Francis didn't think about the possibility of the dark energy controlling his brother using it to it's advantage. Seeing how little staff workers and nobles were down here she could only assume they happened to stumble upon the subspace. However it was still a far fetched assumption, she didn't know how he lured people in nor how he could do it.

Ruby wasn't able to say anything else when she noticed the door behind them turned into a double door. The doors were white with gold elegant carvings of a flower that resembled a lily, a bright light was coming from underneath and cracks of the door. "Amy look..." Ruby spoke causing Amy to slowly turn around to see the sudden change of the single old wooden door that was once there. Both of the females felt comfortable with the energy that the light gave off. It felt refreshing unlike the mucky feeling they had been feeling all this time. Amy quickly stood up as she recognized the door and immediately ran towards it causing Ruby to follow. "Amy wait-" Ruby started before Amy pushed the doors open. They were both blinded by the light causing their eyes to adjust before seeing the unbelievable sight in front of them. Inside the room was a single aisle that was surrounded by pools of water on both sides. That aisle led to a weeping white statue of Finley's mother. Amy slowly started to walk down the aisle and towards the statue. Immediately Amy took notice of the green tear shaped necklace that was cupped in her opened hands while her tears were dripping on the tear shaped necklace. She was on her knees as she was hunched over crying on a pedestal. Amy felt like she had seen the necklace before but she knew in her mind she had never seen it in her life. Amy was thinking long and hard until the white building behind the lake flashed in her mind. Amy's eyes widened in realization "I'm truly amazed, you really did make it this far" Amy flinched before she turned around to see the little wisp that started all this by leading her to the abandoned castle. Amy opened her mouth to speak but it only hung open in shock as the wisp started walking towards her. The wisp transitioned into small glowing particles as if it was made of white glitter, the shiny particles started to take form of a cat. With each step it took the details of the cat became more detailed and clear until she was right in front of her. Amy immediately recognized the female, it was Queen Esmerelda herself. She was in an elegant white and gold royal attire. She was like an angel that had decended onto earth as she gave off an holy aura. "So...It was you..." Amy spoke in disbelief, this whole time it was Esmerelda who had a hand in her involvement. It all made sense now, how she led her to the room behind the painting. How she led Amy to the lake and how she was wrapped in all this. "Why me?!" Amy felt frustrated. Why couldn't it be anyone else, it just had to be her. Out of everyone in this world she was picked to carry the knowledge she now knew. Their story, their tragic past and down fall. She felt like this whole situation was forced upon her. She had her own demons to face now she had more that seemed to have been piling up on her like a mountain. Not to mention the emotional rollercoaster ride that came with the dangerous quest seemed too much for the female. Amy stared at Esmerelda with her glossy emerald green eyes. Esmerelda only softly smiled at her, she didn't blame Amy for being angry. After all she was the one who started all this "I....I was afraid no one would empathize with my son." She spoke sadly as she slowly walked past Amy, she gazed upon the statue that seemed to be the embodiment of her. "Due to my selfish judgement my family suffered greatly" she lowered her head as her face was rittled with guilt. "Despite Francis's efforts he couldn't succeed in freeing his brother from his awful tormentor" she spoke as if she herself was in pain. Amy couldn't be mad at her, after all she too was a victim. She didn't know any of this would happen, she couldn't blame the mother too much despite her poor decisions.