Chapter 1 Page 4

{ᶜᵒᵐⁱᶜ ᵇʸ ᵍᵘᵐᵃⁿᵈᵖᵉᵃⁿᵘᵗˢ17}

The ebony hedgehog had been on his quest to find his mysterious female acquaintance. He had been searching for her all morning, he was in the town square where people gathered to chat among themselves or often sell things, mostly cheap accessories. He sighed as his shoes clicked against the pearly white stones underneath his feet, Shadow couldn't believe it was hard for one single person. It was like searching for a needle in a haystack, the now famished hedgehog was seating himself on the rim of a fountain pool of the large beautiful Roman marble fountain. It created an atmosphere of elegance and splendor, waterfalls gracefully tumbled down three tiers of marble artwork. The ornately detailed with Acanthus leaves and other beautiful hand-carved accents.

He didn't bother looking nor glancing at the artwork before him. He only had one thing on his mind at the moment- his stomach made a loud grouching sound which made him cough. That was currently food right about now, he got up and started walking towards where most of the taverns and restaurants were.

He held his cloak close to him as he looked up to see a rather popular tavern named Paradise Tavern. He scuffed at it, people seemed to have been going in and out of the place so he couldn't help but be attracted as well. As he pushed the door open he stopped, her emerald green eyes suddenly flashed before his own. He was about to shake off the sudden thought of her when he suddenly felt a pulsing sensation coming from his glove. It must have been his Chaos emerald, it had seemed that it was responding to something.

His head slowly turned to the person who was walking out of the tavern. His eyes slightly widened when he gazed upon the pink-furred female. Her emerald green eyes seemed to shimmer as her eyes once again dare stare straight into his deep red rudy ones. He glanced down at her attire and slightly blushed, he didn't expect her to appear before him with such revealing clothes. He cast his gaze away from her body, " Have...We met before?" He heard her say. However, he just stared at her as he couldn't find the words to answer her. He narrowed his eyes at her, he was now puzzled at her words. He didn't quite understand her, did she really not know about their first encounter.

Shadow's lips parted as he wanted to say something, until a sudden hand reached out to grab the girl he was so desperate to find. He grabbed her arm and pulled her towards himself. His blood-red eyes coldly looked at the green hedgehog with killing intent, his attempt to grab the female failed.

"Hey. Why don't you let go of my property" the green hedgehog had a bat with nails that were covered in dry and fresh blood. He licked his lips as Nyccole came out looking rather worried. "E-Evan stop she's a-" the green-furred hedgehog and looked at her rather harshly. "Nyccole. Does it really look like I give a flying fuck about what you say?" He said clearly not caring at all at the moment. For a moment she stared at him with resentment and narrowed her eyes at him. "Suit yourself asswipe" the female cat walked away, many of the customers were leaving. They clearly didn't want to get into the crossfire of a fight. Evan turned back at the two only to flinch as he found the pink hedgehog emitting a strange red glow around her. He noticed she had a large yellow and red hammer which in all honesty, it could've been mistaken as an oversized mallet. The black hedgehog stepped back a bit as his eyes widened at the female. For someone who looked weak, she was surprisingly strong.