Chapter 4 Page 17

{I hope you guys enjoy! Again I'm sorry I couldn't get this out in time

{I hope you guys enjoy! Again I'm sorry I couldn't get this out in time. Thanks to everyone for being such understanding supporters! ❤️}

Everything seemed so peaceful underneath the lake's surface. The tentacles that dragged her under unwrapped themselves around her as Amy could feel herself drift towards the bottom of the lake. Her limbs felt frozen, she couldn't move as she watched the lights surface drift farther away from her. Amy was starting to lose consciousness as she could hear Ruby shouting her name multiple times. "Amy wake up!" Amy's eyes shot open while hearing Ruby's voice as she took a deep inhale before she shot up, sitting up straight before she went into a coughing fit. She was coughing up water, which didn't surprise her since she was drowning in the freezing death trap of a lake. "Did Shadow-" Amy wanted to assume that Shadow had saved her but she quickly noticed that wasn't the case as she was on the cold stone ground. She was in her old childish attire along with her quills being short once again. There was no water or green grass in sight. She was inside yet another dungeon cell. Amy thought it was just like any other prison cell, cold and unkept. "I'm glad you're alright..." Ruby spoke before sighing as she placed a hand over her heart. Amy's eyes widened as she turned to see a transparent version of herself sitting right by her side. Her fur was more of a reddish pink along with her eyes. She was also wearing her old childish attire. The only difference between the two is that Ruby had long quills going down her back. Seeing the two in the same outfit caused Amy to slightly cringe as she realized her taste in clothes was a bit different now that she has matured quite a bit. "Ruby...Is that you?" Amy was in disbelief, she took her hand and tried to touch her arm. Her gloved hand only went through her, causing Ruby to chuckle at the baffled female. "I'm just as surprised as you are" Ruby crossed her arms as she avoided Amy's gaze. She looked bashful as she wasn't used to feeling exposed. It wasn't often when she could manifest into a physical form so easily like this. Not to mention Amy could actually see her facial expressions from now on.

Ruby was getting quite the bad feeling, everywhere around her. She could sense the dark aura of death, it was blocking most of her senses. "Amy what I'm about to say to you may sound crazy. But right now something is trying to devour your body..." Ruby confessed after debating how she should tell her. "I'm currently using my energy to keep you alive but I won't be able to keep doing so forever" Ruby spoke while averting her gaze towards the rusted bars that didn't even seem like they could hold back a mice. "It seems like someone or something has pulled your subconscious into a subspace" Ruby explained as she still could see Amy's unconscious body. Ruby had devised a shield to protect Amy from the evil that lurked at the bottom of the lake. Amy looked at Ruby, she took this information in before looking around the place. She sighed and got on her feet"Well I guess we can't just stand around here.." Amy said before taking out her Piko Piko hammer out. She swung at the bars of the jail causing them to scatter across the floor and causing quite a bit of noise. The sound of metal hitting the ground alerted a silhouette that had been in the next cell over. Amy noticed her calm behavior was not normal, maybe it was due to Ruby's influence. This wasn't a bad thing though since she sought this as a skill. She could stay calm and think rationally in situations like this.