Chapter 4 Page 20

The white void was vast, yet a child's loud wailing could be heard. The sorrowful cries echoed out yet no one seemed to have come to the sounds of the crying child. In the white void sat a young black cat, the poor pitiful child kept wiping his tears that seemed like an endless river. Why was he alone? He thought to himself, was he a bad child? Did his family abandon him? Was he not good enough? Why did everyone around him always leave? What did he have to do for people to stay by his side? Did he have to change? Was it his eyes? What was it that made people around him disappear one after another. Finley removed his hands to see his mother in front of him smiling at him lovingly. This caused the young boy to smile happily at the sight of his mother. However his smile fades once he sees his mother start to turn her back on him. "Mommy? Mommy! Where are you going?!" He cried before she disappeared into the void. She had disappeared once he reached out his hand, yet his legs stayed glued to the ground. His glossy blue and green eyes noticed a figure from the corner of his eye. He turned to see his father smiling softly at him while he was standing next to him but from a distance. "Daddy!" He cries out as he reaches out his hand however he swiftly turns away from him, his blue cape that his father almost always wore followed with him. The family crest facing Finley as he walked away. "Please! Daddy don't leave me!" He cries out, his hot tears nearly blocking the sight of his own father disappearing into the void. "Finley!" The boy heard his name being called happily causing him to flinch. He turned the other way to see his brother smiling at him while waving excitedly. Hope swelled up in his heart as he saw his older brother smiling at him happily. This caused Finley to smile brightly, he was just about to get up when his brother spoke. "Trash like you should stay down like that" Finley flinched as he stared at his big brother with wide eyes. His brother looked at him with disgust and contempt, hatred were in his eyes before he too had turned his back on him. "F-Francis..." Finley called out his name in disbelief. "Francis..P-Please don't... Don't leave me!" He shouted desperately. "Please! I'll be good! I'll do whatever you say! I won't bother you! I-I'll be your servant anything! Just please-" he saw his brother walking further away. His figure slowly disappearing causing him to scream out in desperation at one final attempt. "PLEASE JUST DON'T LEAVE ME HERE ALONE!" he cried but it was futile. He was gone and he wasn't coming back, the boy screamed loudly. His cries of agony echoed in the deep void as he tightly hugged himself. His shoulders shook as he blamed himself for being born. He caused everyone around him so much pain, if he wasn't born he wouldn't feel such depressing emotions, the painful feeling of being alone had to be worse than death.

"Huh..?" He felt the sudden warmth of someone holding him from behind. This startled him causing him to slowly turn around to see a pink furred female with glossy emerald green eyes. The pink hedgehog looked at him with a pained expression as she sat down with him. She let him pull away as he stared at her with confusion, yet he knew her. He was sure he did "Who are...?" Memories of her face and voice comforting him when he was Fernando came to mind. "Am....Amy?" He called out her name as if he was questioning himself. How did he know her name? He knew her yet didn't recall meeting her before. His memories were fuzzy, he was confused and his mind complexed. Amy only pulled Fernando into a hug, she had seen everything. She was behind him the entire time, yet she couldn't interact with him until now. The illusions he had of his family were heart breaking to watch, the thought of how long he had to suffer like this. Along with his family that died not knowing what Finley was becoming. They were now trapped inside his mind, Amy had finally reached the consciousness of Finley. Seeing such depressing thoughts seem to break Amy as she too started to cry. The pain he felt wasn't something a young boy such as himself wasn't supposed to experience. Amy hugged him tightly causing Finley to finally process that he wasn't alone anymore. His eyes slightly widened in realization before they softened and his face twisted into a deep frown. His lip quivered as tears threatened to spill from his eyes. "Waaahh!" He cried loudly before burying his face into her shoulder. The two cried on each other, soaking up each other tears as they comforted one another. Amy let the poor boy cry until she felt himself calm down for a moment. She slowly pushed him away, only to wipe his swollen eyes from the tears that stained his face. "Finley. Please listen to me carefully..." She spoke softly. She stared deep into his heterochromia blue and green eyes. "Your family loves you with all their heart Finley" she told him causing his eyes to go wide. "W-What..." He spoke softly with a surprised tone. He was going to shout out that her words were nothing but lies when she pulled out a book. She tilted the book towards him, the cover of the book he recognized almost immediately. He often seen his mother write in it, she always tried to hide the contents of the book even when she was on her deathbed. He hesitated but grabbed the dusty book to read. His eyes scanned each word, his face slowly turning as he read the context. He finally learned the truth of his born and the death of his parents. He learned the true nature of his once beloved Nanny and the deep love his family had for him through all the sacrifices they had to make. Despite reading all this he cried out angrily. If he wasn't born his parents wouldn't have died, his brother wouldn't have spent his whole life wasting away trying to save him. He felt guilty that he believed every word Scourgy had said. He turned his back on his family, he didn't try to understand or even try to reason with his brother. The regret he felt was great, he was going insane now knowing the truth of the past. Yet Amy was right there, ready to bring him to his senses.