Chapter 3 Page 14

Penelope thought she could intimidate the soft looking pink hedgehog

Penelope thought she could intimidate the soft looking pink hedgehog. However her plans seemed to fail each time, she was a little pressed for time and the light poison in Amy's tea didn't seem to work. The tea was supposed to give her a terrible stomach ache however she seemed completely fine. The thought of her happily chatting away frustrated her to no end. She had planned to ruin her reputation like she did any cockroach she had stepped on. She had to put Amy in her place, but the confidence she showed made Penelope anxious deep down inside, frustration obviously showed on her face as she placed herself in an empty seat. Everyone watched as the pink hedgehog made her way onto the circular podium. Amy could feel eyes on her, their stares burning into her skin as if they were there to eat at her flesh. She stood up on the circular stage holding her head up high. Looking down at everyone she could feel her palms go sweaty. Silence filled the room before soft piano music filled the room. She turned around to see Brandon, her expression showed how stunned she looked as the piano man that did Penelope's song was gone. He wasn't in his normal knights uniform, unknown to her that he stole the black and white uniform that were the pianist clothing.

Amy was more shocked to see Brandon playing the piano. Never the less she smiled as she was happy that he agreed with another one of her requests. Amy flinched when he looked up to give her a reassuring smile. Amy smiled feeling less nervous, but that wasn't all. Brandon nodded his head towards the door of the room as he glanced at it. Amy noticed this and turned back at the crowd of females. That wasn't what his gaze was so fixated on. All the way in the back by the entrance of the room stood Jenny smiling. 'You can do it' she mouthed out with a large grin. She couldn't believe her eyes as they widened slightly. They weren't supposed to be here yet they snuck in anyway due to her unreasonable request. She hadn't met them long yet it felt like they were her long term friends. Amy clutched her hand into a fist before bringing it to her chest. Her other hand held onto her closed fist as she couldn't help but feel touched by their encouragement. However she soon felt sadness settle into her heart, she wondered if any of her long term friends would've did the same. Cream suddenly came to mind, she was the only one that stood up for her. She could only smile softly as she knew she would. She tried to defend her but despite her efforts she couldn't bring their friends to stop their terrible actions. The thought made her happy though, at least Cream stuck to her side until the very end. She promised herself she would give her the biggest and warmest hug she could offer once she saw her again. All the happy times she had with her was truly the highlight of her day. Cream always had time for her, especially when Sonic broke her heart time and time again.

Amy opened her mouth with an upset expression on her face as she closed her eyes. She missed Cream, despite everything that happened she missed every one of her friends. She wanted to go home yet deep down she didn't want to go back to see their fake smiling masks ever again. She was scared, she felt helpless, she didn't feel like she belonged and most of all she felt like she wasn't living for herself, she never lived the way she wanted to live. "Amy...You are strong. No one can take away your shine but yourself. You are a fighter who will never succumb to those who try to put you down...So show them, you are a force to be reckoned with!" Amy's emerald green eyes were now a neon color as they shot open due to Ruby's inspiring words. Amy took a deep breath before her powerful words flowed from her lips as she began to sing whole heartedly.