𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

PROLOGUE

Saying goodbye. goodbyes are a dreaded thing. Goodbyes contain the sadness of a hundred souls, even if they're the first step toward a new world of adventure and happiness. yet in the Lewis twins case goodbyes only encapsulated misery. Goodbyes only buried them further into a ditch of grief, Grief for their mother. Goodbyes led them to isolation, which is where they were heading. a new town. without their friends, without the people they considered to be family. and saying their goodbyes to that family hurt them more than they thought possible:

"Stiles we're gonna come and visit" Violet nodded as she offered the freckled boy a soft smile. Violet's eyes traced over his face for what felt like the last time. She was leaving, and after what felt like a lifetime of denying it, it was finally time to accept she wasn't going to see him for a while, time for Violet and Matteo to start saying their goodbyes to their best friends, Their pack.

Sarah Lewis, 46, mother of two, has now been missing for two months and the search has finally come to a standstill following new evidence. That's what the news was broadcasting, That's what rang in Violet's mind as she stared at the group of people around her. a group of people who'd helped her through the agonising pain that came with losing a loved one. 

But the news was wrong. Violet knew what had happened to her mother, and the sickening grief and guilt encapsulated her. drowned her in the sea of memories of her mother. She didn't want to leave the place where happy memories resided, but she knew, to move on she needed a fresh start. a human start. if that was even possible.

Stiles' face contorted with sadness as he pulled Violet into his arms without a second thought, his heart convulsing as he said his goodbyes to his best friend. His arms wrapped around her as he attempted to mentally prepare for her absence.

"More emotional than me Stilinski and I'm saying goodbye to my girlfriend" Matteo laughed trying to lighten the mood. He didn't want it to be a goodbye, he couldn't handle a goodbye. it was only a see you later. His arms wrapped around the familiar Ginger, Lydia Martin. Violet's eyes flickered to her brother sending him a glare as she broke the hug with Stiles. She pulled her bottom lip between her teeth as she held back the tears that threatened to spill down her cheeks.

"Shut it, Matt." Violet scolded shaking her head, A weak smile tugging at her lips fighting her own emotions, she knew she couldn't hug Stiles for too long, his touch made it even harder to fight the tears. she looked back to the freckled boy, forcing a smile; "I'll miss you. But we'll be back to visit in a few months"

"Better be" Scott piped up with a soft smile, Two members of their group, their pack, leaving. the group stood in front of the Lewis house, Sad smiles coming in waves as Violet's eyes darted to Scott the boy she'd come to admire finally showing the worry of his friend's absence.

"we will Scott" She hummed as Scott approached the girl who'd become one of his closest friends. The grief that lingered over Violet and Matteo hadn't eased, Yet when they were with their friends the pain became manageable, people who ease the pain of your past were surely your future, that was true, but not in this case. The twins were leaving the people who made the grief manageable, They had to go through the whole process of making friends again. But this time with a cloud of pain hanging over them.

"you two need anything or get in any trouble you call, okay?" Scott smiled reassuringly needing to know they'd be okay. making sure they knew just because they were leaving didn't mean they were lost or alone, Violet nodded her glossy eyes meeting Scotts as her brother stepped away from Lydia. Matteo extended his hand toward Scott as a sign of respect.

Scott nodded as he shook Matteo's hand, Both their eyes flashing a golden yellow. A mutual appreciation between the two late teens, showing their respect and thanks for each other as Violet turned to Allison Argent.