20

CHAPTER TWENTY || NEW MOON

"I can smell it" Jacobs Jaw Clenched as soon as Violet opened the passenger side door of the truck outside Bella's house. She could see Matteo stood in-front of Bella at the door of the house refusing to Let her inside until he knew the extent of the situation.

"Matt! What's going on?" Violet questioned as she got out the truck, Matteo's eyes met hers laced with Urgency as Jacob Followed Violet up to the door.

"That's Carlisle's car! They're here" Bella argued desperation in her eyes as she Turned to Violet and Jacob Begging them to let her venture further into possible danger. Violet looked up at Jacob noticing the way his nostrils flared at the Vampire stench that lingered in the air.

"It could be a trick" Jacob urged not willing to take the chance. Violet could tell he was itching to get both Bella and Violet away from whatever blood sucker was near.

"They won't hurt me." Bella countered as her eyes darted between Violet, Matteo and Jacob. Yet Jacob shook his head, He knew what was at risk.

"If a Cullen is back here. This is their territory. The treaty says we can only defend in our own lands. I can't protect you two here." Jacobs eyes flickered to Violet Worry lacing his voice as Bella scoffed.

"That's okay. You don't have to." Bella spoke Matteo's wide eyes meeting Jacob's as if Confused as to what he was talking about as Bella pushed past him entering the house.

"yeah well i do." Matteo Scoffed squaring off his shoulders as he followed Bella into the house. No treaty bound him to protecting his Family. Nothing was stopping him from killing a Vampire. Violet did a double take as she watched Jacob stand still before she made a split second decision. Following her Brother and Cousin into the house.

****

Matteo followed Bella into the house, Violet following a few steps behind him as they entered the darkness that was the Swan residence. Violet's anxiety rocked her body as the light in the hallway switched on without someone touching it. A gasp escaping Bella's lips Causing The twins head to jerk toward Bella. Their eyes falling on another woman they'd seen before, Alice.

"Alice!" Bella gushed a surreal amount of relief escaping her lips as she frantically Pulled Alice into her arms leaving both Violet and Matteo shocked.

"I'm sorry- I- I- Just can't believe you're here.. Is-" Bella's voice was frantic as she broke the hug pulling away to look at Alice yet her words where quickly interrupted by Alice's anger laced voice.

"Would you like to explain to me how you're alive?!" Alice accused her orange eyes Wide as she avoided even looking at the twins who stood protectively behind Bella.

"I saw a vision of you- Both of you. Jumping off a cliff! Why in the hell would you try and kill yourself?! I mean what about Charlie? What about-" Alice's voice was stern and Cold as she lectured Bella, Matteo fighting the urge to flash his golden Yellow eyes before Bella cut Alice off.

"I didn't try to kill myself! I was Cliff jumping- Recreationally... It was fun." Bella excused her behaviour earning an audible scoff from Both twins and Alice.

*****

Alice had ordered Bella to the couch, And Matteo out of the house yet he'd refused. Bella and Alice sat Opposite each-other on the couch while Violet sat in the arm chair across from them, The jacket Jacob had given her wrapped tightly around her. Her still still cold to the touch due to the jump in the ocean earlier on.