6

CHAPTER SIX|| MONTHS

october...

"Matteo this is ridiculous. This isn't normal." Violet scoffed as the pair walked back to their house after stopping by the swan's residence another failed attempt to get Bella to go out, An attempt at helping their cousin.

"I know Vi. But there's not much else we can do. We've been over pretty much every day since he left" Matteo shook his head in disbelief as the pair walked down the street, Clouds darkening the route.

"he like drained the life outta her." Violet sighed, Her chest aching with the intense pain that came from knowing her family was hurting, Her family was hurting and there was nothing else she could do about it.

"Maybe it's some tie thing. Maybe he's got a mind control type thing" Matteo sieved through his mind trying to come up with some explanation, that would explain Bella's behaviour.

"i'd love to know how we could find that out considering he's not here." Violet scoffed, Sarcasm dripping from her tongue as she looked up at her brother.

"if this goes on for much longer I'm talking to Jacob. You said you don't think Sam's normal Either right? They know each other." Violet searched her mind for solutions, Anything that could help the twins try and process what was going on.

"I said Sam's not right. it's weird, Whatever they are I've never met any..." Matteo sighed confusion lacing every thought that raced through his mind as the twins walked up the stairs to their porch.

"well, we need to figure something out with Bella... We can't leave her the way she is. Did you see Charlie? Poor guy is lost" Violet sighed having seen the absolute state both the father and daughter had been left in. Bella barely left the chair that faced her window as she absent-mindedly stared into the abyss of the outside world while her father visibly ached for his daughters wellbeing.

"Yeah i know.. I know..." Matteo sucked in a breath, A subtle ache consuming his chest as he continued; "I spoke to stiles. he said there's a bunch of folklore and legends about this town. But he can't find anything specific, I'm gonna go out tonight and see what i can find out"

"Alright.." Violet nodded as the twins entered their house, their father dean in the kitchen a look of urgency on his face as he flicked through paper work a phone held against his ear. The two twins sharing a look of concern as they ventured upstairs.

"i thought this move would be good for him" Violet sighed at her fathers frantic behaviour, He'd never been the same since they lost their mother, Matteo shrugged a slight scoff escaping his lips.

"Yeah i thought it would be good for you too." Matteo scoffed as the pair got to the top of the stairs, Violet stopping in her tracks her eyebrows knitting together at her brothers words as her heart sank.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Violet spat her eyes narrowing in confusion, Her words escaping her lips a lot sterner than she'd originally meant... Matteo turned to face her as he reached his bedroom door.

"Don't think i haven't noticed the dreams you get, The not sleeping. The lying to my face. Lying to stilinski. " Matteo scoffed, He'd meant to speak to her, Have a conversation. Yet he couldn't stop himself, The words falling from his tongue with too much ease.

"Fuck off Matteo. Sorry i can't pretend what happened, didn't." Violet's voice becoming more raised as she tried to keep her own composure not wanting her grief to show anymore than it already had.

"Right. Yeah. Cause that's totally what i'm doing." Matteo scoffed not bothering to say anything else as he disappeared into the darkness of his room. Death, Loss and pain. They doesn't just remain with one person, They're contagious. Slowly infecting anyone who comes in contact.

November...

"Vi!" Matteo scoffed opening his sisters bedroom door. Their inseparable relationship growing weaker with each day that seemed to pass without answers, Without Healing. Violet looked up from the agonising words jotted down in her note book meeting her brothers eyes.

"Dad wants to talk to us." Violet nodded closing her journal placing her pen down on top of it before getting up. Her oversized hoodie bunched pulled over her hands as she followed her brother out of her room and down the stairs into the living room, a gruelling silence between them.

She could see her father packing the piles of paperwork he'd stacked up on the kitchen table into plastic envelopes and folders. Her brows furrowing as she sat down on the couch watching Dean pile up more sheets of paper into a brief case.

"I'm Heading back to Beacon hills. they've found a witness that saw her a few hours before it all happened." Her Being Sarah Lewis. Their mom. The twins heart sank into the bottomless black abyss of their lies as Violet shook her head in shock.

"No dad- We can't go back." Violets voice wavered as she looked up at her father not even catching the look of anger laced over Matteo's face as Dean remained set on his decisions.

"You're not. i spoke to Charlie he said you can both stay with him he thinks it'll be good for Bella" Dean proposed yet his idea only causing Violets Jaw to fall Slack in shock before Matteo spoke up.

"I'll come with you. I'll Stay with Lydia or Scott. Plus Charlie only has the extra Room for one." Matteo's adamant voice caused a deep sigh to Escape Deans lips as he nodded, Betrayal almost
instantly rolling through Violets Body.

"This isn't fair!" Violet exclaimed seething in anger unable to fathom how any of it made sense to her father. She could understand grief, But she could see the way her father Looked at her, Created her... And she couldn't understand it.

"This isn't about fair! it's about what's right for your mother and bella!" Dean exclaimed, Slamming his briefcase on the table. His eyes consumed by grief-Laced anger.

Violets journal, 13th of December..

I'm living at Bella's. Matteo and dad are in beacon hills, They keep extending their stay. Dad keep's apparently finding things, or leads about mom. Which is bull shit. Matteo Barely speaks to me, I'm getting more updates from Stiles than i am him.

And Bella... Bella barely moves, she's stuck. Every time she goes anywhere i'm worried. This house is draining. Silence is becoming my first language. I've heard Jacob come by a few times... Yet Bella refuses to speak to him.

I've sent him away, So has Charlie. But he cares. He cares about Bella, he cares about my family. We've texted a few times, And i know it's bad. I know it is. Maybe i'm just lonely. But i want to speak to him...

the dreams they're getting worse... And so Are Bella's, I hear her screaming, I hear Charlie rushing to her side as he always does. I barely sleep, I'm alone at school half the time. God i miss you mom. I wish you were here, i wish you could tell me everything was gonna be okay. I wish you were here to tell matteo to get over his fat ego.