15

tw: mention of scars

CHAPTER FIFTH-TEEN || BEDROOM WINDOW

"you told her without even asking me?! are you crazy??" Matteo exclaimed Anger drowning in his voice as he stared at his sister dumbfounded waiting for an explanation, Disbelief pumping through his veins as he fought against every urge in his body begging him to scream.

"I had to! good thing i fucking did, she would've been alone out there with whatever that thing's name was" Violet countered her voice almost at a yell as she tried explaining her actions to a pissed off Matteo.

"I wanted to keep her out of it for as long as we could— Wait... hold on- You went to see Jacob? After i fucking told you not to?? Then you go out in the woods alone with Bella and almost get yourself Killed?" Matteo yelled becoming increasingly frustrated with his sisters stupidity, His lips slightly  parted in shock.

"Don't word it like i'm fucking stupid Matt. Jacob Didn't hurt me. I'm pretty sure he's the one who fucking saved us today" Violet countered earning a frustrated scoff from Matteo. He couldn't believe her actions, Especially after their Mom.

"Are you hearing yourself Vi?? Us going out in the woods is exactly how every single mess we've been in has god damn started! Jacob doesn't care about you, He barely fucking knows you. The only person you and Bella have to protect you is me!" Matteo seethed with anger, Fear of being unable to protect both girls only causing his skin to burn with frustration.

"Matteo Joseph Lewis Leave then! Leave just like you did at the start! You thought something was wrong in this town and you jumped to leave at the first chance you got. Didn't care about protecting us then did you? Just cared about fucking your girlfriend. I can Protect myself!" Violet Snapped, Her heart racing with anger. She'd had enough of Holding back her own emotions to benefit others. She had to snap at some point... And she'd reached her breaking point.

"Don't you dare." Matteo warned his jaw clenching as he stood in the living room of the Lewis house, Urges to tear up the living room plaguing his mind.

"No. Don't you Dare. You fucking left me, You and dad. You knew what happened after mom died and you still left! You're just as bad as he is!" Violet spat her voice Almost poison as her words slashed at Matteo's heart, The comparison to their father making him ball his fists an an attempt at controlling his Anger.

"You're fucking insufferable! Fuck-" Matteo squeezed his eyes shut trying to control his anger, The Father comment having struck a nerve.

"This conversation isn't over!" Matteo exclaimed as he turned toward the door droplets of blood dripping from his balled up hand before he Rushed out the room, Leaving the house to control himself... Leaving Violet again.

"Prick!" Violet exclaimed tears pooling in her eyes as she rushed up the stairs to her room. She'd thought she'd done everything right. She'd thought telling Bella was the safest thing to do, and she still thought that. But Matteo, His anger it was Worse in Forks, It was worse than it had ever been in Beacon Hills...

She loved him, She did... Yet their relationship has suffered so severely after the death of their mother, The guilt that plagued both twins dig deep, clawing at their separate insecurities... Tearing them apart. Which had resulted in this.

*****

Violet laid on her bed, Storms of emotions wrecking her brain, Emotions she wished she could erase. her relationship with Matteo dwindling in such a way she was worried it might never return to the way it was before their mothers passing. And that fact scared her, Scared her more than she thought it ever would. She was angry, Maybe even angry was an understatement... But she didn't want to be alone, and in reality... Matteo was the only person she had.