11

CHAPTER ELEVEN || I WONT LET YOU DOWN

"So Stiles is with Rory?" Violet asked as she held her phone up to her ear, while sitting in Bella's truck watching Bella, Jacob and Mike wait for her outside the movie theatre.

"I wouldn't say with- Rory's a bit of a Hardass. She doesn't wanna admit she actually likes him. They're over complicating it too much." Matteo explained the situation over the phone, Filling Violet in on the details she'd missed over the past weeks.

"How do you feel about it though? You still like him?" Matteo asked Violet's eyes lingering on Jacob as he stood with Bella and Mike Waiting for Violet to finish her phone call.

"I'm Good. I'm glad he's happy. Of course i still like him, As a friend." Violet confirmed as she stared out at Jacob her thoughts spiralling as Jacobs Eyes found hers despite the distance between them.

"I heard that. What is it? Did i miss you getting with a guy in Forks or something?" Matteo chuckled at the twinge of happiness he'd heard through Violets Voice.

"No tae, Absolutely not" She chuckled as she shifted across the seat of the truck to open the door finally ready to Join the group.

"I've got to go, I'm seeing a movie with Bella and her friends." Violet chuckled as she got down from Bella's truck slamming the door behind her before fumbling with the keys to lock it.

"Mhm- Have fun." Matteo chuckled not fully convinced of her words before she ended the phone, tucking it into her back pocket as she walked toward Bella, Jacob and Mike.

"What took you so long?" Jacob Chuckled his eyes slightly wide as if he'd been waiting for Violet to save him from an Awkward conversation with Mike.

"Matteo had to tell me all the recent Drama" Violet chuckled as Bella looked up from her phone with a sigh; "Jessica Bailed. and Angela got the stomach flu, so Eric's taking care of her. it's just us four"

Jacob and Violet shared a look as Mike's face fell muttering a soft "great" under his breath.

The group wondered into the Cinema taking their seats waiting for the movie 'face punch' to begin, Violet sitting on the end beside Jacob. The constant anxiety Violet typically felt Calming the presence of Jacob Black as the Movie begun.

Violet tried to keep her focus on the movie screen infront of her, Yet her peripheral vision was too distracting. Jacobs hand up right against the seat the temptation to interlock their fingers growing. She wanted to feel the same warmth she had when his hand touched hers when he'd showed her how to use the bike. She wanted to be closer to the boy who'd begun calming her anxieties.

Thoughts raced through her mind as her eyes drifted from the screen down to his hand. Voices in the back of her mind screaming, urging her to reach out and take the opportunity for what it was. But she couldn't.

She couldn't bring herself to even admit that the boy beside her had begun consuming her thoughts, Had begun making her smile even when she wasn't in his presence. Shaking her head to rid herself of the thoughts she diverted her attention back to the violent action movie being displayed on the big screen.

"Oh god- i'm gonna be sick" Mike heaved from beside Bella causing the teens heads to jerk toward him. Mike getting up a hand covering his mouth as he rushed out the cinema.