18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN || INVOLVEMENT

"It's alright we've got this place covered" Jacob smiled as he walked Violet up to her front door after dropping her home, Violet nodded now knowing she was safe... She might have been safe with Matteo, But he didn't know about Victoria.. And she wasn't sure how she was supposed to tell him.

"Come in? Just for a bit?" Violet suggested, She wanted to spend at least a little while longer with Jacob before returning to the argumentative tension that lingered between her and Matteo.

"Just for a bit... I have a Vampire to kill" Violet nodded understandingly yet as she opened the door she could see Matteo stood in the Hall waiting for her. Choosing to ignore her brother she entered the house letting Jacob inside.

"Vi what are you doing?" Matteo asked his cold eyes on Jacob as the boy followed Violet inside, Jacob offered Matteo a friendly smile as he explained for her; "She's been with me, i'm just dropping her home"

"The doors there." Matteo scoffed his eyes flickering to the door to show Jacob where he should've Left, Jakes Jaw clenched as he stared across the corridor to Matteo.

"Don't be so fucking rude. This isn't your house. Come on Jake" Violet scoffed taking Jacobs hand and Leading him up to her bedroom, The action doing exactly what she thought it would do. Pissing off Matteo. If he was gonna treat her like a child, If he didn't want to be involved with her life. Then she'd act like a child. And do what she wanted.

Leading Jacob to her room she closed her door behind him, A soft chuckle slipping past her lips as she sat on the edge of her bed and apologised; "sorry about him. He's a dick."

"Don't be. I can handle a protective older brother, It's good to know you have some other protection" Jacob offered a soft smile as he approached Violets bed where she was sat.

"I wouldn't count on that" She sighed as she looked up at Jacob The boys dark eyes meeting hers confused before she shook her head dismissing her own words.

"Jake?" She asked as she looked up at the boy who stood in-front of her his gaze softened as he noticed the change in her tone before he nodded.

"Don't do that shit again. Saying that you staying away is protecting me. Just don't- Don't leave Bella like that again either, She needs you" Jacob listened as Violet expressed her concern for her cousin, Jake shook his head noticing how Violets eyes fell to her lap. Jake shook his head, His finger coming up under her chin gently tilting her face up to look at him. His touch causing a blush to dampen Violets cheeks as she Caught his eyes, Melting under his gaze.

"what i said at the Movie theatre is true. I wouldn't ever hurt you. And you can count on me Vi. I won't leave you again." Jacob reassured his brown eyes genuine. His gorgeous eyes staring so deeply into Violets soul she could Feel her heart race as the warmth that radiated from him hit her skin.

Standing up Violet had to fight every urge in her body to surge forward and accept the feelings he caused through her body but she couldn't. The dreaded voice that lingered in the back of her mind contradicted her urges causing her to Only nod.

"Thank you Jake" She nodded with a soft smile.

*****

The Following few days had been filled with arguments between the two Twins, And Jacob had been so busy hunting Victoria, Violet hadn't seen him, Which only fuelled her anxiety. Bella, She'd Barely Seen Bella, And when she did she'd noticed something Different.

Something Concerned her about Bella's fluctuating depression. When she'd been around Both Violet and Jacob it had seemed to be Manageable yet not Bella's mental state was deteriorating again. To the point Charlie had even sent Violet messages asking her to Check in.

And with the added stress of Victoria, Violet was Worried. Bella hadn't turned up to School so Violet had decided to Stop by her house on her way home. But she wasn't home.

"Matt, Im worried about Bella. If you wanna prove you actually do wanna help then meet me at the Rez. We need to find her" Her last resort was to Call Matteo, With Jacob out hunting Victoria she had to ask Matteo for help. The memories of Bella's reckless behaviour when ever she was left alone ringing in Violets mind as she held phone to her ear.

"I'll be there. But i need the truth about everything" Violet rolled her eyes as she trudged through the Forest near the Rez. She was Convinced Bella would've gone there, One particular memory replaying in her mind. Sam's jump. The rush.

"Just be there" Violet sighed as she ended the phone, shoving her phone back into her pocket she kept walking through the greens and browns of the forest. A forest that separated Forks and La push.

The under bush of the Forest made Violets legs ache after trudging through it for an hour. The worry in her chest increasing with every second that passed without Finding Bella. violet took a heavy breath as she came face to face with a drop, The edge of the forest boarded the cliff The Pack had jumped from.

Violets eyes scanned the cliff, left. then right. then she saw the silhouette of a figure standing by the edge. Violets blood ran cold as panic flooded her heart and she yelled; "Bella!"

Bella didn't answer, She didn't even look at Violet. The hairs on the Back of Violets neck stood tall as as she rushed toward Bella, Her cousins sad expression becoming Clearer with each daunting step Violet took toward her. Violet called out Bella's name again and again but it came to no avail.

Violet watched as her cousin Jumped from the cliff, All the air in Violets lungs dissipating as she watched her cousin Fall nausea spun through her stomach relentlessly as she ran toward where Bella had Jumped from.

"Bella!!" Violet exclaimed a sob almost slipping past her lips as she reached the edge, Watching the waves shatter as the ocean swallowed Bella whole.

"Fuck! Oh shit" Violet felt a rush of extreme panic, fear. Indescribable emotion flooding her veins as she looked at the drop. The height. It was so high. Swallowing the lump in her throat that almost resembled the fear flooding through her Veins Violet threw herself from the Cliff. A panicked scream escaping her lips as she fell.

*****

A/N- this is a bit of a shit chapter ngl. But anyways i'd love to hear what you all think. i literally have to be at work in 15 minutes so goodbye guys 😭