13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN || THIS ISNT MONO

"Hey, Jake... It's Violet. Sorry for leaving another message." Violet paced her bedroom, her heart racing with each soft pat against the window that came with the pouring rain outside as she held her phone to her ear for the fourth time only to reach Jacob's Answering machine.

"But Bella told me you have Mono, And your dad won't let us Visit... I'm sorry if what I said at the movie theatre upset you Jake, I was just being honest.. but I want to know you're okay. Call me?... Please" she continued the worry she had for Jacob slowly turning into anger as she saw how his absence was affecting not only herself but Bella too.

Ending the call she threw her phone onto her bed with an exaggerated sigh. Since Jake had disappeared her emotions had shifted back to their original agonising ways. She could've felt anything, Anger, Sadness, Even Fierce fury but it still would've ended in nothing. Whatever anger flooded her veins, About Matteo Leaving, Her fathers absence as he remained fixated on the loss of Sarah Lewis almost forgetting his children in the process. That anger was prominent in Violets veins but The fear of ruining the relationships she had left rattled her bones. The fear of losing the only people she had outweighed her anger filled desires.

her eyes scanning her room as an Idea sprouted within her mind. Her plans changed in seconds as she rushed toward her closet. Swinging open the door she pulled out a hoodie to pull over her body, She had to know.

Looking in the mirror she took a deep breath pushing her anxiety back into whatever deep dark corners of her soul it originated from before glancing down at the necklace Allison had given her when she'd moved. Stiles would do the same... Violet took a breath grabbing her phone from her bed before making a beeline straight for the door.

"Matt! Where's the car key?! I'm going to Bellas" She yelled to her brother's room as she walked out of her room into the corridor, an internal battle happening in her mind as she fought against her anxiety.

"On the table downstairs!" Matteo shouted from his room. Violet nodded to herself rushing done the stairs. The fear of the unknown haunted her. But she had to know. She had to know everything.

******

Violet's thumb's frantically tapped against the steering wheel the pace almost matching the violent pumping of her heart as Anxiety consumed her Chest. Her foot pressed on the break as she pulled up at the Rez. She had to know what she had done wrong, If Jacob wasn't supernatural she needed to know what she had done to ruin yet another relationship.

Her wide eyes fell on a boy, Her chest constricted as she saw him walking shirtless. His toned body glistened in the rain, Almost accentuating the Valleys that carved his god-like body. Violets eyes scanned his body in disbelief yet as realisation rushed through her veins her blood ran Cold. Jacob Black.

Violet got out the car, Slamming the door closed behind her as the cold breeze sent a shiver down her spine, Icy droplets of water falling onto her body that was barely protected by the thin jacket covering her shoulders.

Anger surged through her veins as she saw the tattoo that covered the skin of Jacobs shoulder, His new haircut. He wasn't sick. He'd never been sick. He'd just dropped her like she was nothing, Like Bella was nothing. Violets skin burnt with Adrenaline, Jacob had already ruined their friendship. She was allowed to be angry. Or at least that's what she told herself.

She charged over to him, Anger radiating from her as she shivered in the cold rain, Her boot-clad feet causing soft splashes from the water pooling in the grass as she called out his name; "Jacob"