9

CHAPTER NINE || BUILDING BRIDGES

The following few weeks consisted of following Bella to Jacobs garage every day after School, And yet somehow even on the days Bella didn't end up going, Violet did. It was something new, A distraction. At least that's what she told herself.

"I think we should spray paint them black or something" Violet suggested with a chuckle, as she sat on a stool beside Jacob as he worked On the second bike.

"Black? Really?" He laughed as he tightened a bolt on the frame of the bike, His sleeves rolled up over his elbows revealing forearms flexing as he tightened the bolt.

"Wait- That wasn't even supposed to be a joke" both Violet and Jacob erupting into laughter at her failed attempt at starting a conversation.

"Violet you owe me 15 dollars" Bella chuckled as she entered the Garage Pizza box in hand, Jacobs smile growing as he saw the box. Violet shook her head still recovering from her embarrassment.

"Yeah alright" Violet rolled her eyes as Bella placed the pizza box on a work bench passing Slices to Both Violet and Jake.

"You're definitely not getting that 15 back" Jacob chuckled resulting in Violet swatting his shoulder as she shook her head; "Yes you will"

"Matt might be coming back next week" Bella offered her cousin a soft smile before biting into a slice of pizza. Her words causing Violets smile to falter almost instantly.

"oh- yeah maybe." Violet shrugged not wanting to dwell on a sensitive topic, Bella knew the twins weren't talking as much as normal. and that filled her with unease, Never once had she seen such distance between the siblings.

"Are you guys okay?" Bella questioned making Violet place her slice of pizza back in the box upon noticing the instant mood change as soon as the conversation shifted.

"Yeah- we're fine. He's just obsessed with Lydia" Violet chuckled trying to distract from the obvious lie she was telling making Bella raise a brow.

****

"Quil keeps asking to come over here, I think he likes you a little too much" Jacob smiled as he walked the two girls out to Bella's truck, His eyes lingering on Bella as he finished his sentence.

"Oh- Well i'm really not into the whole cougar thing you know?" Bella laughed making Violet raise a brow. A red flag becoming prominent with Violets discovering weeks prior. Bella had made too many comments about her age.

"What's up with you and age? i mean how old was that Cullen guy anyway" Jacob questioned, His words validating Violets thoughts. Feeding her theories even.

Bella's face fell at the mention of the Cullen's Her body language switching instantly which didn't go unnoticed to either of the other two teens, Violets anxiety pooling in her stomach as Bella looked down.

"Thanks Jake" Violet nodded as Bella ignored his words opening the drivers side door of her truck before getting in. Bella's attitude fluctuated instantly whenever the Cullen's were brought up.

"it's alright. Call me if you need anything" He nodded his lips pressed into a Line as he sighed confused as to what he'd done to deserve the silent treatment from Bella.

"Thank you" Violet offered another small smile before walking around the other side of the truck getting in the passenger side mentally preparing for a silent drive back.