14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN || REVELATION

"Bella!" Violet's fist pounded against the door of the swan residences house, Her heart aching as he body shivered from the cold. Her wet clothes clinging to her body.

"Bella! Open the door! I know you're home and Charlie's on a fishing trip!" the door swung open as Violets fist surged forward again barely able to stop the movement in time to dodge Bella.

Bella stared at her cousin, The same Dull expression etched onto her face as she saw Violets frantic state, The anger rushing through Violets mind not easing as She gave up. She'd given up. Jacob was right. She was lying to everyone.

"I know Edwards a Vampire." Violet stated, Not a thought behind the words escaping her lips. She needed answers. And the only way to get those answers was to talk to Bella.

Bella's expression Dropped and Violets words as if Bella's world had shattered all over again at just the mention of Edward she ushered Violet into the house despite her dripping Clothes.

"I'm done with secrets. You better tell me everything right now. Everything about Edward and Jacob." Violet ordered with not an ounce of remorse or room for negotiation. She was done with guessing games.

"Jacob? You've seen him?" Bella urged wide eyed in confusion as to How Violet knew anything, And whether or not Jacob was okay.

"Yes And he told me about your Pale face Lover now spill." Bella's face deflated at Violets blunt stern tone before leading Both girls to the couch and The conversation began. A conversation that would shift Violets concept of reality. A Conversation that would shift the path her life was Taking.

Bella explained everything she knew, From the tribe, Legends and the facts. She explained the gruesome details Of James' attack, And all the horrifying details that followed. Every single thing Bella could remember she recited to her cousin Violet, All the way down to the story Jacob had told Bella on the beach... Violet didn't speak, She listened as her view on the world changed in a matter of moments.

Yet as the conversation finished, Or as Bella thought there was more. Both girls had earth shattering views on reality that would shift the others grasp on the world.

So it followed... Violet revealed Matteo's secret, The fact Matteo had been. werewolf since Scott had turned, She explained everything about What she had believed lycanthropy had meant, Violet explained the other creatures she'd found alone the way—The kanima. The shape you take reflects the person you are... Violets explanation was detailed yet there were still secrets she'd left out. She hadn't touched the topic of her mother, the secrets that lingered within her mothers death were too much to bare, Even after Jacobs stern words.

Violet knew the repercussions of her actions, She knew the Danger that came with Bella knowing about Matteo. Yet if Vampires had entered Bella's life once and almost killed her what was stopping them from doing it again... And in Violets mind, This way Bella would be Protected.

Yet she Also knew the anger that would follow, She knew what Matteo would say, and she knew the drastic measures he would take to prevent Both Bella and herself from being in danger. She knew Matteo wouldn't let her or Bella end up like their Mom.

Both Violet and Bella sat in silence, An agonising silence at that. A silence that rewires minds like grief, Like a wild fire jumping through branches of trees scorching everything it touched. The once-beautiful emerald green leaves turning to ash in the same way both girls realities had just crumbled.

They sat in silence for hours, Minds consumed with thoughts as they tried to comprehend the world for what it was... Vampire's, Monsters, Werewolves, Different types of werewolves... The thoughts were earth shattering. The two girls remained in a state of shock until their eyes refused to stay open and their minds had powered down, Exhausted from the information they'd learnt. the world was never what it seemed.