4

CHAPTER FOUR|| CULLENS

"Jake asked about you" Bella voiced as she walked to Class between Edward and Violet, Matteo's silence deafening as he tried to Ignore the dread in his stomach that rose whenever The pale man beside his cousin was around.

"and said what?" Violet asked, Her eyes narrow as she looked at her cousin. Both Edward and Matteo silent unless talking to the girl they were closest to.

"Just asked how long you're staying"  Violet heard her brother's scoff from beside her as Bella finished her sentence, Violet rolled her eyes as she focused on Bella's words.

"why? He seemed pretty invested in you" Violet counted as they walked through the corridors of Forks High school, Her words Clearly meaning more than she thought as Edward's head jerked toward the two girls.

"No, We're just friends." Bella brushed off her cousins words as they approached the stairs, Matteo's eyes Glued to his phone his distaste for the town growing with every passing moment.

"Bella!" Violets eyes shot toward the girl Calling her cousins name, A short haired woman jumping the bannister of the stairs with almost no effort making Violets jaw fall slack as the cheerful woman Approached them.

"happy birthday!" She sung pulling Bella into her arms as the Twins shared a look both their eyebrows knitted together before Bella shushed the short pale woman.

The school Bell rung Indicating everyone had to go to class Yet Violet and Matteo stayed still beside Bella as The Woman before them Handed her a present, which caused Bella to shake her head; "i thought i said no presents"

"Well, i already know you love it! you're gonna wear it tonight. Our place" The woman chimed, Her voice all too cheerful for the miserable weather as Violet and Matteo stood beside Bella, Violets eyes catching the gaze of another pale man behind Bella. His cold almost Golden eyes glued to The Twins.

Violet's face scrunched with confusion as she glanced between the two unfamiliar people, As Bella attempted Denying the gift. just as Bella went to deny again, Both her own and Violets feeling diminished. The confusion dissolved from violet in seconds filling her with unease.

"yeah okay, thank you" Bella smiled looking up at Alice, as the cheerful woman walked back over to the blonde man with the Concerning stare. Before Bella shook her own head and scoffed; "Jasper no fair"

"i'll be at yours after school, Help you get ready okay? we need some girl time" Violet suggested turning to bella, Pulling her cousins attention from the Pale couple across from them.

"uh- yeah, Okay" Bella nodded saying her goodbyes to the twins as they separated to head to Class, Violet offered Bella a last smile as they parted Ways, Matteo quick on his sisters tail as he again focused his hearing on the conversation behind him.

"You can't trust va-" Edwards voice was Cut off by Violet's chuckle; "People here really need to get out in the sun more. I think Jacobs the only person i've seen who isn't like a ghost"

Cursing under his breath Matteo nodded agreeing with his sister. Something was up, He knew it.

****

"Matt! I'm heading over to Bella's now, Should i find somewhere and get pizza on my way back?" Violet shouted to her brother's room as she shrugged on her Jacket.

"Come here!" Matteo shouted back from his room, Making his sister scoff at his laziness as she walked across the hall to his room. Opening the door, Matteo sat on his laptop playing some Game he'd become obsessed with.

"what?" Violet questioned as to what was so important she had to come to his room for, Her question was simple. Yes or no.

"you gonna ask her?" Matteo asked looking up from his laptop to his sister who stood leaning against the door frame. Violet sighed pinching the bridge of her nose.

"am i gonna ask our cousin, if her boyfriend is a werewolf? are you stupid?" Violet scrutinised Matteo's dumbass thinking as she shook her head.

"he's not. He's not like me and Scott- but that's not the point. Don't ask her straight up, Be discreet about it. Just see if you can find out anything? Just try? I don't wanna be in the dark here for any longer" Matteo's shoulders squared off as he thought back to not knowing anything about the kanima when it first showed up.

"i'll see." Violet sighed, She knew he was right. If something wasn't right they needed to know about it. They needed to keep their Family Safe.

"Pizza? Yes or No?" she repeated a smile crossing her face as Matteo's expression contorted with annoyance before he shrugged rolling his eyes in defeat; "that shouldn't even be a question. yes"

"Alright. See you later. We're Watching that new show that's starting, walking dead. i wanna see if it's good" Violet shrugged already excited about Eating pizza on the couch and watching tv before leaving her brothers Room, Leaving his door slightly Ajar for the pure enjoyment she got out of annoying him.

"fuck you vi!" She heard him scoff as she walked down the stairs inciting a chuckle to erupt from her lips, As she got to the bottom of the stairs she said a quick goodbye to their father before making her way to Bella's.

****

"So, Edward, he's good to you?" Violet asked as she wrapped a strand of Bella's hair around a curling wand before looking at Bella through the mirror in-front of them.

"he's perfect" Bella smiled as Violet continued doing her hair while studying her cousins face in the mirror for any sign she was lying, any hints she could get about Edward.

"what about Jacob? He doesn't go to school here, Came all the way here to see you" Violet suggested trying to make the conversation flow, Yet she was also curious. The boy she'd seen in the morning had lingered throughout her mind, her curiosity gnawing at her.

"i told you vi, We're just friends. I'm with Edward. If you wanna talk to Jake talk to him" Violet shook her head instantly as she looked back down at Bella's hair.

"no- no that's not why i was asking. i was just curious" Bella giggled at Violets reaction, as she noticed the subtle blush growing on Violets Cheeks. She didn't like him, She couldn't have she hadn't even had a conversation with him. But she couldn't deny the fact that he was Hot.

"mhm... If you want me to make new friends Jake's great. Maybe i could take you and Matteo down to the Rez and we could go to La push with Jake" Bella suggested knowing her cousins weren't particularly fond of the Friends bella Had at Forks high school.

"Yeah maybe, I don't know if Matt would be down for that though" Violet shrugged as she continued doing Bella's hair.

"Bells, You know we're here for you right, Me and Matt?" Violet Added as silence began to consume the room, Bella looked up at Violet through the mirror eyebrows knitted together.

"i should be the one saying that to you, Considering..." Bella couldn't bring herself to finish her sentence, And violet couldn't look up from what she was doing. The thoughts in her head too strong to prevent tears, Yet she fought against them anyway.

"no... I mean like, If somethings going on here, In this town. You can tell us. We'll understand" Violet urged Bella for more information, But bella only brushed off the comment shaking her head.

"Everything's perfect.. But Vi. I'm always here for you okay?" Bella's quick change of conversation caused Violet's body to seize as she nodded fighting against the agonising pain in her chest. Finding out more was gonna be a struggle and she knew that.

************************

A/N-

Just a reminder, I post fanfic edits on my tiktok @pizzaboyrheewp_ if anyone is interested and i also post insights on my books on my insta, @pizzaboyrhee_

Hope you're enjoying this story so far! I'd love to hear what you think <3