3

CHAPTER THREE: BIRTHDAY

"Another missing hiker Brings the total to 3 Presumed dead, Authorities are looking for the killer animal-"

"What the fuc-" Violet cut off the radio her eyebrows knitted together as she looked up at her brother whose eyes remained focused on the road ahead.

"Maybe this town is as weird as Beacon hills" violet sighed Leaning back in the seat of their Car as They drove to school for the second day in a row, Or as the twins labelled it as soon as they left 'hell'

"i did tell you" Matteo shook his head pulling into the carpark of the school once again, His eyes falling on Bella's Truck as they drove over to it pulling into the space beside it Matteo added; "this is gonna be a long year"

Sighing Violet and Matteo got out the car only to hear a conversation they wished they could forget; "where here at thou Bella" Mike teased hand stuck out toward bella making the Lewis Twins cringe.

"Hey Bells" Violet smiled coming up behind her cousin her hands falling on her shoulders, Bella smiled looking back at her Cousin placing a hand over violets that laid on her shoulder before turning her attention back to her friends.

"Can i take a picture of you guys? my mom wants me to make a scrap book full of memories" Bella smiled, Her friends huddling together as Violet and Matteo stood behind their cousin.

"you guys too" Bella ordered, The twins behind her hesitantly forcing themselves into the photo, Smiles plastered across their face as the huddled up with Bella's friends who laughed and made jokes that made the Twins Cringe.

A soft smile tugged at Bella's lips as she held up a camera, angling it into a position where all her friends and her two cousins fit into the frame before capturing the moment with a click. A happy moment, A moment she could look back on, and remember how perfect life was.

Matteo and Violet smiled as the group dispersed after the moment had been captured, Bellas friends returning to what they'd been doing as The twins approached Bella. Violets hand securing her bag against her shoulder as the smile on her face grew.

"Happy birthday Bella" Violet smiled her fingers brushing against the necklace the hung around her Neck, Alison's necklace. Bella chuckled softly as she looked down avoiding her cousins eye-contact.

"don't make a big deal out of it, But thank you vi" Bella offered her cousin a soft smile as the girls enveloped each other within a hug. Despite Bellas feelings on her birthday, There was one thing she was thankful for. The fact her cousins were back.

"Happy birthday Izzy" Matteo chuckled rubbing his cousins back, Bella's expression dulling as he used the nickname she'd forbidden anyone from using, Her reaction only fuelled the deep chuckle within his chest.

The screeching sound of tires invaded Matteo's eardrums as burnt rubber made his nostrils flare just seconds before that Icy smell flooded his senses. The same smell that'd infected him when he'd been in Bella's house, His head jerked in the direction of the noise.

Edward Cullen. Bella's smile grew wider as she watched Edward exit his Car. making his way across the carpark Matteo's fists tightened as he forced his emotions deep within his body, Fighting against the claws that threatened to burst from his nail beds. his mind repeating the same two techniques; three things that cannot long be hidden, The sun, The moon, The truth.

And his anchor, Lydia Martin.

Matteo had control, He'd had control of himself for a long time. But that smell. Edward Cullen triggered an anger somewhere deep within the dark untouched corners of Matteo's soul.