12

CHAPTER TWELVE || COUNTING THE DAYS

Hey Mom, I know you'll never read this Letter but I need you, I just need to remember you. I'm still in Forks, Matteo's coming home today. Dad's still looking for you, Even though Sheriff Stilinski is trying to Convince him to come back to forks to be with his kids. I wish we could tell him the truth, I really do Mom. But he'd blame me, and it's safer this way.

When Matteo's back i have to tell him, I have to tell him about Edward. Everything i found out while he was gone. But connecting the dots, Trying to piece together a puzzle you're not sure actually fits together is hard. I knew that. I've done it with Stiles. But alone, Alone it's so much harder. But what isn't, right mom?

I felt alone when Matt and dad left. My Anxiety was so bad, But then i started hanging out with Bella's friend. Jacob. Jacob Black.

He made me feel, I don't know what he made me feel... Maybe I was imagining it.. But it felt right. After me and Bella basically threw him into rebuilding a few bikes I couldn't stop thinking about him. I don't know what it was, I was drawn to him. Once we started hanging out I could feel him pulling me back. Every time I left I was counting down the seconds until I saw him again. The agony and nausea i've felt since you left just disappeared whenever he was around. He made me feel normal. But i fucked it up mom, I ruined it, Just like i ruin everything.

I was sure he liked Bella, I'm sure he still does. He has to, He can't actually like me... Well that's what i thought, Then i agreed to go to the Cinema with him, Bella and Mike. We had a moment, I don't know if i can even really call it that. But i felt it again, But stronger, He calmed me, The constant state of fear that drowns me day in and day out was gone when he held my hand.

But then i told him the timing wasn't right... He seemed fine, He really did. He was Kind. But then he blew up. He was so angry. And he left. Just like Ben had. That was Three days ago. And I haven't heard from him since.

It's like he disappeared, He won't answer my Calls, and He won't text. He won't even speak to Bella. Billy said he's sick, But i'm not so sure. He said some things about this guy, Sam. And Matteo mentioned something about Sam when Bella went missing. Something's not Right. I need to talk to Matteo, But how am I supposed to tell him anything if my mind can't focus on anything aside from Jacob Black.

There are three things I'm sure of. One- I can't let This hurt Bella In the Same way Edward's absence did... Two- I need to tell Matteo Everything... And three- I need to demolish the thought of Jacob Black that lingers in my mind.

Violet slammed her journal shut with a groan as she let her pen fall to the side. Her eyes falling on the packed bags by the door of her bedroom in the swan house having been waiting for Matteo to pick her up so they could return home— without their father.

"Violet Matts here!" She heard her uncle's voice echo through the corridors of the house, a mixture of panic and relief flooding her veins as she got up, Journal in hand as she walked to the door of her room picking up the bags that laid on the floor.

Making her way down the stairs she could see Matteo stood talking to Charlie, A smile tugging at her lips as she knew she could finally get everything bothering her off her chest. As she reached the bottom of the stairs she tapped her brothers shoulder with a smile.

"Hey dipshit" She chuckled making the taller boy smile instantaneously pulling her into his arms. The distance that had been between the twins for the past months having fuelled Matteo's worry for his sister.